Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Velocity XT Shocks
Gareth

posted on 28/10/04 at 03:21 PM Reply With Quote
Velocity XT Shocks

Any one got any recommendations as to what make and model of adjustable coil over dampers to use on a Luego Velocity XT, the ones Luego sell are a bit to much this close to Xmass.

Gareth

Steve Lovelock

posted on 28/10/04 at 06:35 PM Reply With Quote
I bought some from GTS for my Robin Hood and they are not working correctly, I emailed GTS for support and received no help at all so I wouldn't recommend them. I am thinking of the Gaz shocks for my Velocity build.
nutter

posted on 30/10/04 at 09:35 PM Reply With Quote
a very well respected, and lots of adjustment stuff as well can be had from the blistein shockers, they are expensive but worth it for the ability to set the suspension up well
dozracing

posted on 10/11/04 at 09:34 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Steve,

You didn't receive no help what so ever when you mailed me. I sent you a reply pointing out the likely problem.

I pointed out to you that you were provided with exactly what is recommended by Robin Hood and what you requested, if the rear shocks are too hard then you need to lower the spring rate, or more likely you will need to sort out the inherent problems with the Robin Hood you probably have an over constrained rear suspension, or tight bushes.

If you want softer springs i can sort this for you at a cost. I can't be held responsible for Robin Hoods poor design though. See many posts on here regarding the Robin Hood and the lack of quality, see also many posts on here supporting the quality of the GTS shock and its performance.

GTS don't however provide its shocks for use on Velocities. We can provide Protech shocks for all applications if required.

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.