Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: wireing help neaded please
sprocky

posted on 23/1/14 at 08:00 PM Reply With Quote
wireing help neaded please

Hi can you good people. Help me out ime building a trike one wheel at front I no this my not apeal to most of you guys but I love the bikeing life wether it be bike or scooter sadend 30 years ago had to sell me lambretta GP200 . Due to a bang on the head witch resulted in a brain hemeradge and 50% los of left hand side .so a trike is my only way .I've had a reliant trike for the past 10 years had anogh of. No feeeeeeeeekn speed or grunt had a chance of a granny 2.9auto engine built 1989 brc stampt on bloc foun out of a scorpio it is pre cat so thinking that's a bounus so my big problem is the wreing the only thing missing from the loom is the fuse box.I have to get some afms .sorry to bore you all but I nead help .as ime confused spoke to some auto ellectrions all I get from them its esy but it guna cost ya with a big smile and rubing there fat gready fnkands hoping if there is a heplful one here you don't take afence and I gi e you full respect once again sorry if I've boared you .all I nead to no is can you help me out with simple wiering diogram .ie what I nead to get engine runing as is it just a case of wat you don't nead trse back to ecu and just diconet if it an't therer ecu won't look for it I don't no do you. I can get a 10 way fuse box from my locol auto ellectrics suplier for 20 quid can't get my head arond, wireing diogra m in the hayns man sos to all but I realy nead for some one who has done this to please help me outt yours hopeing sprocky
Wadders

posted on 23/1/14 at 10:03 PM Reply With Quote
You might have more luck on the various ford forums or retro rides, PPC etc

Just done a bit of googling and came across this which might help.

http://www.fordscorpio.co.uk/12vlooms.htm

Looks like a plate of spaghetti to me.

Good luck with it.

Al

snowy2

posted on 25/1/14 at 09:04 AM Reply With Quote
if you know little about electrics and the loom you have is incomplete your looking at a huge job, it would be cheaper to source a carb manifold and 38 DGAS.
if however your feeling brave.....but then you would be halfway there already.
as for the rest of the vehicle electrics there is a post on this forum on rewiring a car from scratch, it doesn't cover fuel injection though as the subject is too wide.
your problem wont be fixed by bunging a fuse box in the loom, you will also need relays and a high pressure fuel pump (with tank return piping) and somewhere dry for the ecu to live (tricky on a trike)

sometimes you are the pigeon, most of the time the statue.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.