Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Ebay feedback nonsense
snakebelly

posted on 31/1/14 at 03:27 PM Reply With Quote
Ebay feedback nonsense

Whilst dealing with the fallout from my Claims Management fiasco, I received these charming series of emails:

Long story short, ordered 4 pillows for visiting Crimbo guests, supposed to be dispatched in I seem to remember 5 days, 3 weeks later still no sign, seller doesn't respond to emails and their helpline never gets answered and in the mean time I had also ordered a memory foam topper from the same mob. The pillows eventually arrived about 5 weeks later and the topper it seams turned up about 7 weeks later whilst we have been away. So left negative, but not unfair feedback for both transactions, so read on but start at the bottom and read upwards:

Dear Me

Thanks for all your help with this matter.

I am sorry that you are not willing to help us resolve this matter. I have blocked your from our system and will now also report you.

Kind regards,
UK-Bedding

- uk-bedding
Reply in your email program or through My Messages

To: uk-bedding
Subject: Re: uk-bedding has sent a message
Sent Date: 31-Jan-14 14:13:57 GMT

Dear uk-bedding,

Please stop emailing my feedback will not change, I have also reported your first email to ebay for investigation for possible feedback abuse

Sent from my iPhone

On 31 Jan 2014, at 18:32, "eBay Member: uk-bedding" <<Email address removed in line with eBay policy>> wrote:

To: Me
Sent Date: 31-Jan-14 13:02:33 GMT

Dear Me

I am very sorry for this inconvenience. We have had an overwhelming amount of messages during the holiday period and unfortunately we could not answer all the messages within the time.

We are trying to offer you a complimentary gift that may make you feel a bit better about our store. You comment could still reflect your experience, but we request you help us out and change it to positive.

If you would like to take us up on this offer please let me know and I will have the feedback revision request sent to you. Once the feedback has been confirmed I will have the item sent to you and it will be delivered to you in 3 days.

I look forward to your response.

Kind regards,
UK-Bedding

- uk-bedding

To: uk-bedding
Sent Date: 31-Jan-14 11:58:08 GMT

Dear uk-bedding,

Dear UK Bedding, shame you weren't so keen to reply to emails when the issue occurred my negative feedback stands, apart from anything else I cant be bothered to wait for 8 weeks till my free pillows arrived anyway.

-Me

To: Me
Subject: uk-bedding has sent a message
Sent Date: 31-Jan-14 11:35:35 GMT

Dear Me

We noticed that you left negative feedback. I apologize that you were not completely satisfied with your purchase. We do try to ensure that all our customers have a positive shopping experience on our eBay store. We do request all our customers contact us with any issues regarding their purchase, so that they can be resolved before leaving feedback.

We would like to get this issue resolved as quickly as possible and hope that you would accept a complimentary pair of pillows or duvet and allow us to send you a feedback revision request to revise your feedback to positive with full DSR stars.

We would need to know today as the feedback request will no longer be valid after today.

I look forward to your response in getting this matter resolved.

Kind regards,
UK-Bedding.

Benzine

posted on 31/1/14 at 03:37 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
UK-bedding
...and will now also report you.

what for?! Unbelievable

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Jon Ison

posted on 31/1/14 at 03:38 PM Reply With Quote
Yours is only one of 279 negs they received this month, bit of a clue there.........
twybrow

posted on 31/1/14 at 03:39 PM Reply With Quote
Ha ha - brilliant! I hate this 'If you do not plan to leave 5 starts then you must contact us beforehand' crap that a lot of eBay stores now say. No, if you give crap service, I want my feedback to show that I was not entirely over the moon with your service and I have every right to do so!

Oh well, you have your pillows - I don't know what they plan to report you for, but I bet you eBay are not interested in either side. As long as they get their fees, they are happy to keep out of it....

Jon Ison

posted on 31/1/14 at 03:46 PM Reply With Quote
Take your point re 5 stars, however nothing pee's us off more than people who leave a neg with NO prior contact, if we don't resolve a problem (anyone can make an error) then leave whatever feedback you feel it deserves.

ps, we don't ask for feedback nor stars in any of our correspondence.

Currently 52206 feedback with 12 negs, below is a typical one, left with no prior contact.

"item was fitted but made a very loud buzzing noise noise when dimming the lights"

Why not tell us and give us the chance to offer a replacement ? Typical question we receive, "do I need to turn the power off to install this dimmer switch?" "what is the glass splashback made from" "how long is the 500mm towel rail"

snakebelly

posted on 31/1/14 at 03:52 PM Reply With Quote
John,
I agree with your point, these idiots however wouldn't answer emails or the phone, if you look at their December feedback its even worse, they obviously couldn't cope, what annoys me is that even though it was obvious they couldn't cope they continued to take everyone's money knowing full well they wouldn't be delivering within the promised time scale.grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

r1_pete

posted on 31/1/14 at 03:54 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
"what is the glass splashback made from" "how long is the 500mm towel rail"

Brilliant, up there with the pound shop, how much is it question.

Ref original post, clearly you tried to get problems resolved, and they were taking a long Christmas break, serves them right for not using the seller away function.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
watsonpj

posted on 31/1/14 at 04:07 PM Reply With Quote
surely in the case of

"do I need to turn the power off to install this dimmer switch"

darwinian rules apply

Jon Ison

posted on 31/1/14 at 04:08 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by snakebelly
John,
I agree with your point, these idiots however wouldn't answer emails or the phone, if you look at their December feedback its even worse, they obviously couldn't cope, what annoys me is that even though it was obvious they couldn't cope they continued to take everyone's money knowing full well they wouldn't be delivering within the promised time scale.grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I agree with you also, the feedback you left was fully deserved, you gave them every opurtunity to correct their failings.

Slimy38

posted on 31/1/14 at 04:17 PM Reply With Quote
I do agree that negative is appropriate in this occasion, but I also believe Ebay themselves is at fault. What other rating system requires a 5 out of 5 and a 'perfect' in order to maintain the status quo? I thought 5 out of 5 is when the seller does something special, if the sale is merely 'what I expect' then I wouldn't do more than 3 or 4. But if I did that, I'd be penalising the seller for just doing an appropriate amount of work.

It basically makes a mockery out of the detailed seller ratings and even the feedback to some degree. If they expect 5 out of 5 to be what is expected, what happens when the seller does better than that? What happens if the buyers (like me) think that it's a sliding scale with 3 being 'adequate'? I've unintentionally screwed that seller without him doing anything wrong.

clanger

posted on 31/1/14 at 04:42 PM Reply With Quote
lets face it ebay is just too big for its own boots theses days and has lost all control of the original ethos.....its just a money making exercise for them, they get paid from buyers, sellers regardless. they don't give a monkeys.......

i just use it as a last resort these days and expect the worse. Its quite alarming the intelligence of some ebay punters, they are only a few brain cells removed from pond life. its just swamped with "traders" knocking off "quality" far eastern fare they ship in by the boat load.

it used to be good a few years back when you could actually find an item that was being auctioned. Now most auctions start at what they want for it.............whats the point of that

chrism

posted on 31/1/14 at 05:00 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Benzine
quote:
UK-bedding
...and will now also report you.

what for?! Unbelievable

You can report buyers for leaving unfair negative feedback, I did it once as I sold an American Region 1 DVD Boxset on ebay and quite clearly put in the description that it was an American DVD that was Region 1 and would need a region changing or region free player to watch, but the person who bought it hadnt read the description and sent me an emailing saying the DVD wouldnt work telling me it was the wrong region for their player. I emailed them back pointing out the auction description stating this and that I wasn't willing to take it back as they had made the mistake and it only sold for £3 so they left me negative feedback which I reported to ebay for being unfair as they had received exactly what was stated in the auction and ebay removed the negative feedback.

Although ebays feedback system is crap these days ever since they stopped sellers from leaving negatove feedback, its annoying how many times you get bidders who dont pay and when you check their feedback they have loads of positive feedback where people are saying avoid this buyer and time waster.

----------------------------
A little hard work never killed anyone, but why take the risk!
-----------------------------

Worzey

posted on 31/1/14 at 05:32 PM Reply With Quote
What are they complaining about? It makes no sense if the feedback is valid.

There is a lesson to be learn't here "Once you make your bed you have to lay in it"....with or without pillows.

Caterham R400

SteveWalker

posted on 31/1/14 at 10:16 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jon Ison
"how long is the 500mm towel rail"

To be fair with that one, a so-called 500mm towel rail could be a 500mm rail with end supports and be 550mm overall - which, if you've only got 520mm between the shower cubicle and the doorframe, would matter a lot. That's one thing that bugs me with many items - a round, nominal, figure is quoted, but often not accompanied by the accurate measurements.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.