Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: CANCELLED! Anyone in Crawley Who Can Do Me a Favour?
scootz

posted on 13/2/14 at 09:03 PM Reply With Quote
CANCELLED! Anyone in Crawley Who Can Do Me a Favour?

Looking for a favour please.

I need a pair of bike wheels collected from Crawley. They will be pre-boxed and I will arrange for a courier to collect from you at your convenience.

Seller is looking for cash, so I would send funds to you in advance via bank transfer or PayPal 'gift' (along with some extra to cover your travel costs and a pint!).

Cheers!

[Edited on 13/2/14 by scootz]

[Edited on 13/2/14 by scootz]

It's Evolution Baby!

ashg

posted on 13/2/14 at 09:33 PM Reply With Quote
I work in crawley. I can pickup Mon or tues next week after work.

Anything With Tits or Wheels Will cost you MONEY!!

Haynes Roadster (Finished)
Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

scootz

posted on 13/2/14 at 10:29 PM Reply With Quote
Thank you for the kind offer Ash, but I no longer require assistance as it seems the seller is a 'scammer'. A little intermet digging has revealed that the wheels have been sold 3 times in as many weeks!

Thanks again!

It's Evolution Baby!

Fozzie

posted on 14/2/14 at 01:14 AM Reply With Quote
Oh dear Sorry to hear that....

Just as well you did a 'search' !!!...

'Racing is Life!...anything before or after is just waiting'....Steve McQueen

steve m

posted on 14/2/14 at 09:10 AM Reply With Quote
I live in Crawley

Pm his address and I will go and see what a toe rag he is

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

scootz

posted on 14/2/14 at 10:37 AM Reply With Quote
LOL... cheers folks!

T'was an eBay purchase. I couldn't see the pics all that well as I was out and about and was on my iPhone, so just went with the description. I got the wheels for £300... a 'bargain' for a pair of rims that normally go for a grand!

He got in contact to say he didn't want payment through eBay... he wanted either bank transfer or Paypal 'gift'. This got my spidey-senses going!

I came home and finally got a good look at the pics... they were not for the model he'd stated. Then saw his feedback score was -1... and that related to the same wheels being 'sold' last week. The purchaser on that occasion said he refused to send them as the item wasn't bid up to where he wanted.

A little more digging revealed they had been 'sold' a further two times since the turn of the year.

I've tried reporting him to eBay, but I can't as I've not sent payment yet! It's ridiculous - I'll have to wait for him to report me for non payment until I can have my say (which he won't going by the other 2 'sales'! In the meantime, I'll bet he relists them for a 4th time and some poor bugger is going to get caught out by paying him direct!

It's Evolution Baby!

Slimy38

posted on 14/2/14 at 11:07 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scootz
LOL... cheers folks!

T'was an eBay purchase. I couldn't see the pics all that well as I was out and about and was on my iPhone, so just went with the description. I got the wheels for £300... a 'bargain' for a pair of rims that normally go for a grand!

He got in contact to say he didn't want payment through eBay... he wanted either bank transfer or Paypal 'gift'. This got my spidey-senses going!

I came home and finally got a good look at the pics... they were not for the model he'd stated. Then saw his feedback score was -1... and that related to the same wheels being 'sold' last week. The purchaser on that occasion said he refused to send them as the item wasn't bid up to where he wanted.

A little more digging revealed they had been 'sold' a further two times since the turn of the year.

I've tried reporting him to eBay, but I can't as I've not sent payment yet! It's ridiculous - I'll have to wait for him to report me for non payment until I can have my say (which he won't going by the other 2 'sales'! In the meantime, I'll bet he relists them for a 4th time and some poor bugger is going to get caught out by paying him direct!

If you do see a fourth listing you might be able to report the listing directly? Then in the details of that report highlight the previous sales.

scootz

posted on 14/2/14 at 12:05 PM Reply With Quote
Had a look, but nothing yet.

It's Evolution Baby!

steve m

posted on 14/2/14 at 01:35 PM Reply With Quote
Ask him if a friend could pick up the items from his address, and with "Cash"

Also, i would let the Police know, as it seems to be fraud

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

scootz

posted on 14/2/14 at 03:18 PM Reply With Quote
I don't doubt that he has the items, but they are certainly not for the model of bike described.

He also hasn't grasped that an item sells at the price it reaches!

It's Evolution Baby!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.