Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Wanted - SU carb manifold for Series Landrover 2.25 engine or 2.5 cam or tubular exhaust manifold
Mr Whippy

posted on 19/2/14 at 12:54 PM Reply With Quote
Wanted - SU carb manifold for Series Landrover 2.25 engine or 2.5 cam or tubular exhaust manifold

Yeah as above in case someone has one floating about in the garage, interested in either single and dual carb manifolds. Also interested in a good condition 2.5 cam. Tubular exhaust manifold would be cool too if you had one of those. Folk keep putting tdi's in the poor things so should be plently of unloved petrols kicking about...

U2U me if you have something

Thanks

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mark chandler

posted on 19/2/14 at 05:22 PM Reply With Quote
Never seen an SU manifold for a 2.25/2.5 litre engine, we cut and welded the original for a weber.. Appalling quality full of rubbish in the casting so makes a mess when welding.

Had to make an exhaust as well.

For camshaft I sent the original to kent cams who ground the base and put a 285 degree duration, then loads machined off the head make it all work.

Finished result, still useless but had a more exciting idle

Next time it was v8 adaptor plate and proper engine, twice the power with far better economy and worked out cheaper.

Mr Whippy

posted on 19/2/14 at 07:32 PM Reply With Quote
Quite a common conversion is the SU, arc tuning does a full kit for a single carb but its pricey tbh though power goes from 60bhp to 100bhp!

Landrover really strangled what actually should be quite a powerful engine, you should have seen the finish of the cylinder head ports worst I've ever seen, all nice now...

If I don't have any luck I think I'll just make a set of manifolds like these below out of steel as they look a doddle, should have a nice roar too

the standard 2.5 cam is meant to be vastly better and just slots in

[Edited on 19/2/14 by Mr Whippy]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.