Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: ZX9 Fuel Injection
obr_technology

posted on 19/2/14 at 09:22 PM Reply With Quote
ZX9 Fuel Injection

Hi,

Has anyone on here fitted fuel injection to their ZX9 engine?

Thanks

Olly

dave_424

posted on 19/2/14 at 09:26 PM Reply With Quote
Yes, not in a kit car but in an autograss frame, makes no difference though, even went and put a turbo on it also.

See my threads here:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=180640
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=184992

If you have any questions ask away.

obr_technology

posted on 19/2/14 at 09:55 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks Dave, that's really useful.

Did you use the original zx9 sensors (other than the trigger wheel you mention?)

I'm on a bit of a budget so thought I'd give a z1000 ECU, throttle bodies, loom etc a go?

Did your zx10 throttle bodies fit straight on? I notice you mention the zx6 rubbers.

Thanks for your help.

dave_424

posted on 19/2/14 at 10:08 PM Reply With Quote
Yes, zx9 coolant sensor, crank position sensor. Used a GM inlet air temp sensor, MAP sensor is built into the megasquirt and used the TPS on the zx10 throttle bodies.

z1000 should work since the z1000 is basically a bored out zx9. The year of throttle bodies I used are already the right spacing but I would assume z1000 ones would also be the right spacing. The only issue is with the throttle body rubbers, getting the right bolt spacing with the right port sizes.

Dave

obr_technology

posted on 19/2/14 at 11:06 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks, think i'll give it a go.

How did you get on with the turbo conversion? I bet your project is awesome to drive!

Would you recommend the turbo you used? Is it a Scooby wrx unit?

dave_424

posted on 20/2/14 at 12:35 AM Reply With Quote
Turbo conversion is finished, but I'm having to build another turbo manifold because flow was majorly restricted which is why my turbo which is small enough to spool at about 4k actually spools at about 8k. But yes, its an awesome laugh to drive.

Turbo is a TD04HL - 13t from a volvo, but it's the same as a standard WRX td04 the 1000cc + guys use the 16T which is something I might upgrade to in the future.

Grabbed myself a set of forged pistons last year and just got another set of cylinder barrels to bore out for the pistons. I'm currently running 7psi on a completely standard engine except for heavy duty clutch springs. Looking to install the forged pistons and a base spacer to lower compression from 11.5:1 to about 10:1 and run 1bar/15psi boost and call it finished. Should put be at about 220-230bhp if the clutch will take it.

Dave

obr_technology

posted on 20/2/14 at 01:42 PM Reply With Quote
That sounds great.

Will be really interested to see the results you get with the new set up.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.