Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Viento back from exhaust makers
SteveWallace

posted on 19/3/14 at 06:31 PM Reply With Quote
Viento back from exhaust makers

Got the car back from the exhaust makers today. Sounds good and looks good, but I couldn't get the video camera to work so no video of my first drive to the edge of the pavement and back. Went for a fairly simple (and therefore cheaper) system than one with 6 convoluted pipes coming through the side of the car.

Description
Description

Description
Description

Only problem is that one of the lamba sensors doesn't reach the hole for it, so I'm going to have to extend the wires. I've also got worried that my remapped BMW ECU will fail the IVA emissions test so I'm thinking that I'll use my spare with the standard map - only problem is that I'll need to pay to have the immobiliser sensor deleted as that ECU doesn't match the chip key.

I have a catalyst in the system as its a 1997 engine and it gets flipping hot (that's exothermic reactions for you!). Its polished up well, but I think that a shield will be needed once its through IVA.

Sent in the IVA application two weeks ago and they cashed the cheque last week, so hopefully I'll get a test date some time soon.

Nickp

posted on 19/3/14 at 06:57 PM Reply With Quote
Looking good Steve, where was it done? I was just going to use the original manifolds upside down and poke the downpipes out of the side of the bonnet.
ali f27

posted on 19/3/14 at 07:51 PM Reply With Quote
looks really good and different any loss of power will be nothing fair play 2.8 six pot in a seven sorted.
SteveWallace

posted on 19/3/14 at 09:12 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nickp
Looking good Steve, where was it done? I was just going to use the original manifolds upside down and poke the downpipes out of the side of the bonnet.

It was done by Jacksons Automotive Components (JAC), Hucknall, Nottingham. I didn't want a big hole in the side panel and because of the lambda sensors I needed to do the manifolds as two three into ones, so I think that the two pipes coming out of the side was a good solution and should look neat when I take the protective plastic off the mirrored steel sides.

davey_b

posted on 22/3/14 at 07:33 AM Reply With Quote
Much prefer that layout with only 2 pipes coming through the body as compared to others that I've seen that have 6 coming through.
alfiebeard

posted on 21/4/14 at 09:49 PM Reply With Quote
I like the look of that manifold mine has a turbo manifold exiting in one pipe its probably a little restrictive but as it has been de catted and re-mapped its a lively motor so wasn't worried by a bit of loss, I can feel a load of welding coming on

Alfie
[img] MANIFOLDS COULD DO WITH A RE-DESIGN (RESTRICTIVE)
MANIFOLDS COULD DO WITH A RE-DESIGN (RESTRICTIVE)
[/img]

[Edited on 21/4/14 by alfiebeard]

[Edited on 21/4/14 by alfiebeard]

Old bloke on a mission with 320BHP of help

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.