Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Fuel injection regulator?
TrophyJem

posted on 31/3/14 at 06:15 PM Reply With Quote
Fuel injection regulator?

I need to buy a fuel regulator without breaking the bank (as I seem to be breaking the bank on everything at the moment).

I'd appreciate opinions on this one?

SARD UNIVERSAL ADJUSTABLE FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR,

Or any other recommendations?

Thanks

BaileyPerformance

posted on 31/3/14 at 06:59 PM Reply With Quote
Hi, pukka sard regs are £100+ I would suggest that is a Chinese copy.

We use weber alpha regulators, we buy from Jenvey or burton.

Steer clear of bargain regulators and "Bosch" pumps - we removed a "Bosch" pump from a grass car today.

Best buy genuine from reputable companies.

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
TrophyJem

posted on 31/3/14 at 07:11 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the info. Sounds like I'm going to be spending more than I wanted again

I was just about to buy this pump as well

http://www.jjcraceandrally.com/rally/fuel-pumps/automotive-plumbing-solutions-bosch-044-equivalent-high-flow-fuel-pump

BaileyPerformance

posted on 31/3/14 at 07:20 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TrophyJem
Thanks for the info. Sounds like I'm going to be spending more than I wanted again

I was just about to buy this pump as well

http://www.jjcraceandrally.com/rally/fuel-pumps/automotive-plumbing-solutions-bosch-044-equivalent-high-flow-fuel-pump

Don't bother !!!!! There is a reason why that pump is cheap, I just ordered a Bosch Cosworth pump from burton for the grass car, £130.

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
daxtojeiro

posted on 31/3/14 at 07:54 PM Reply With Quote
MNot sure if I can do this, if not then sorry!
But if you want a genuine 044 bosch pump I have one for sale thats done about an hours worth of work. Its a long story, but I tried to fit 2 pumps to my setup and it didnt work

If you email me I have a variable pressure reg that I used for a while (PSE) that I will throw in for free.
Pump cost me £120, will take £75 for it inc regulator.
Phil

BaileyPerformance

posted on 31/3/14 at 08:19 PM Reply With Quote
A Bosch 044 is know as a Cosworth grp A pump, if the feed is right it will support over 500bhp, man enough for most conversions.

We like to run high fuel pressures, 4.5bar static, this often gives better power and MPG. Lockout on the 044 is about 9bar I think so no chance of running out of pressure if running high boost.

We aim to design the fuel system with at least 50% spare capacity.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.