Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: BTs Youview
coyoteboy

posted on 5/6/14 at 10:22 PM Reply With Quote
BTs Youview

Anyone got an opinion on it compared to just buying a decent two-tuner free view HD box? I already have a WiFi web enabled blue ray player and at receiver but my non hd free view recorder is dying.

McLannahan

posted on 5/6/14 at 10:27 PM Reply With Quote
Ours is not great to be honest. I don't regret getting it yet but generally the box needs at least a weekly reboot, it looses the web, despite no other device doing the same and it gets slower and slower. Sometimes so slow a channel change or modification can take 30 seconds to complete. It certainly stops us channel hopping anyway!

If I was in the same position now I'd probably not get it again. I can easily live with it, but having moved from Sky that was a far more reliable and faster system.

Simon

posted on 5/6/14 at 10:34 PM Reply With Quote
Agree with above.

Basically it's shit. We haven't even got around to cancelling Sky so I'm now paying more as opposed to saving a few quid.

ATB

Simon

matt_gsxr

posted on 5/6/14 at 10:41 PM Reply With Quote
When I got youview (about 10months ago) they shipped you one of two boxes.
One supported HD but no BT Sport, the other supported BT Sport but not HD.
If you have fibre-optic broadband then you can get BT Sport somehow with the HD box (I believe).

The youview box we have is the non-HD version, which seems like a backwards step, but it actually works pretty well.
I can't say I enjoyed the ordering process. All the talk of "Free sport" ended up costing £50 for the box £10 for the card and they also charged me some addition sum per month. Not free at all really which was disappointing for a brand I had previously trusted.

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

snapper

posted on 6/6/14 at 05:31 AM Reply With Quote
Must be a BT version as my YouView (Humax) box has been brilliant
Love the on demand features an d search function
Paired it with my smart phone and can set to record a program from anywhere

I eat to survive
I drink to forget
I breath to pi55 my ex wife off (and now my ex partner)

coyoteboy

posted on 6/6/14 at 10:07 AM Reply With Quote
Hmmm not promising at all then. I've got a Humax 9150T and was fairly happy with it (had the odd glitch but has been good for 4 years until it recently started corrupting recordings and missing stuff.

I was considering the humax version of the BT box originally but was tempted by the offer that came through the post. Think I'll give it a miss and hunt around for other options, the problem is no-one seems to have done it properly - even the likes of samsung and sony boxes seem to get endless complaints about buggy firmware and missed recordings. What's going on with stuff these days - companies seem to release stuff in a beta state?!

McLannahan

posted on 6/6/14 at 10:12 AM Reply With Quote
Mine is the new Humax box. I'll double check what model when I get home....

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.