Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: have we not discussed caterham ....
02GF74

posted on 12/6/14 at 09:28 PM Reply With Quote
have we not discussed caterham ....

....bikes? (apologies if it is old news)

1 motorcycle and 2 what appear to be push bikes, most unusual to say the last.

http://www.ride-and-read.com/2013/11/caterham-group-launches-motorcycle.html

Ninehigh

posted on 13/6/14 at 04:18 AM Reply With Quote
Oh jeez... The motorbike looks ok, the other two...

micksalt

posted on 13/6/14 at 07:46 AM Reply With Quote
Another case of Caterham failing to recognise their business core, the Seven. With more than half their customers choosing to build their own Caterhams, and with the new entry-level 160, I expected them to turn up to Stoneleigh this year. At the sort of money they were asking, some folk would possibly take the 70 BHP sacrifice over similarly priced Seven replicas to have a 'proper' Seven.
twybrow

posted on 13/6/14 at 09:14 AM Reply With Quote
Caterham have many fingers in many pies. Are you aware they have been involved in projects ranging from hotel interiors, to seats for aircraft. They want to go beyond the core 7, as this has limited market appeal.
loggyboy

posted on 13/6/14 at 09:38 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by micksalt
Another case of Caterham failing to recognise their business core, the Seven. With more than half their customers choosing to build their own Caterhams, and with the new entry-level 160, I expected them to turn up to Stoneleigh this year. At the sort of money they were asking, some folk would possibly take the 70 BHP sacrifice over similarly priced Seven replicas to have a 'proper' Seven.

I Couldnt disagree more - they should be diversifying - the 7 is great but as mentioned by Twy, its not gonna be enough, certainly not for an 'F1' team.
IMO they should be looking at doing a couple more road cars, that are less of a sacrifice on practicality. Somewhere between the 7 and what Mclaren are currently doing. Something like the GT86, track potential, good price and practical everyday.

Mistral Motorsport

TimEllershaw

posted on 13/6/14 at 10:04 AM Reply With Quote
[P.R. Bulshit mode = ON]

They are prototypes for their new bike division, so are really styling concepts aimed at getting media ( and probably financial ) interest.

It is all about seeing Caterham as a "brand" that represents top British engineering, in the same way as we see Mclaren.

[P.R. Bulshit mode = OFF]

My company is using similar tactics to try to change its brand image to get investment. I'm an engineer so see it all as aboslute BS !

Tim.

http://www.teenagecancertrust.org/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.