Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: choke stop?
b3nny

posted on 14/6/14 at 10:40 AM Reply With Quote
choke stop?

Just been going through some of the paperwork that I got with the car and on one of the dyno prints it says:

Advice, suspected choke stop

And

BIG ADVICE, 36 or 38 will need jetting back down once replaced.

I'm guessing latter is to do with fueling? Would it be over fueling at the moment? It does seem to pop a lot and top end feels pretty sluggish.

britishtrident

posted on 14/6/14 at 12:05 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by b3nny
Just been going through some of the paperwork that I got with the car and on one of the dyno prints it says:

And

I'm guessing latter is to do with fueling? Would it be over fueling at the moment? It does seem to pop a lot and top end feels pretty sluggish.

Venturi size, the venturis are limiting the airflow at wot and high rpm I take you are running DCOEs with 32 or 34mm Venturi's.
Venturis are relatively expensive to buy but they can be bored out or you might find somebody who wants to swap but the carb jets will also need changed.
Unless it is a race engine I would be tempted to leave well alone.

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

b3nny

posted on 14/6/14 at 12:30 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by britishtrident
quote:
Originally posted by b3nny

And

Venturi size, the venturis are limiting the airflow at wot and high rpm I take you are running DCOEs with 32 or 34mm Venturi's.
Venturis are relatively expensive to buy but they can be bored out or you might find somebody who wants to swap but the carb jets will also need changed.
Unless it is a race engine I would be tempted to leave well alone.

It's a 2.0l zetec black top engine, I'm very new to old school tuning and kit cars so I'm not to sure to be honest all I know is they are twin webers.

Would this explain the lack of pull at >100? Not that I'm fussed as I bought the car for its acceleration and handling rather than top end.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.