Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: some good news for a change - some improvement for Schumacher
02GF74

posted on 16/6/14 at 10:46 AM Reply With Quote
some good news for a change - some improvement for Schumacher

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/formula-1-michael-schumacher-awakes-coma-084515896--f1.html

[Edited on 16/6/14 by 02GF74]

Doctor Derek Doctors

posted on 16/6/14 at 10:59 AM Reply With Quote
I wouldnt take that as meaning he's 'better', his condition may have imoproved enough to be out of the induced coma but I strongly doubt that we will ever see the pre-accident Schumi' again. I actually doubt that we will ever see him in the public eye again.

I still think its very sad news all in all, I had the pleasure of interacting with him a few times at work and he was a funny and charismatic guy. He also seemed to have transended the usual F1 PR machine and was surprisingly honest in his views and criticisms.

My main hope is that he recovers enough to enjoy his family life again.

Designer and Supplier of the T89 Designs - Single Seater Locost. Build you own Single Seater Racecar for ~£5k.

Plans and Drawings available, U2U or e-mail for details.

Available Now: The Sports Racer Add-On pack, Build a full bodied Sports Racer for Trackdays, Sprints and Racing.

www.t89.co.uk
www.racecarwings.co.uk

callan@t89.co.uk

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
britishtrident

posted on 16/6/14 at 11:25 AM Reply With Quote
I would take treat the news with a great deal of scepticism the source is his manager who since the start has been giving out grossly optimistic statements on Schumacher's condition that contradict reports from other sources s that have been more accurate.

My understanding from reports in the press last week was he was leaving intensive care because there was no hope of any further improvement.

[Edited on 16/6/14 by britishtrident]

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

ReMan

posted on 16/6/14 at 11:27 AM Reply With Quote
Sadly it does seem that, any further improvement will be long, slow and limited

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

bi22le

posted on 16/6/14 at 12:31 PM Reply With Quote
I do quite a bit of work with Brain injury clients and its incredible what good physio can do.

The brain can, with time, find other routes around to calculate tasks and problem solving activities.

It relies on the rehab support and willing from the client. With both of these you will be astounded at the level of recovery.

He may not be able to walk but he may be able to hold polite conversation and pull a smile in public with time to come. If he does this at an F1 event the racing fraternity will be very happy.

Come on Schui!!!

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

D Beddows

posted on 16/6/14 at 12:42 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bi22le
I do quite a bit of work with Brain injury clients and its incredible what good physio can do.

The brain can, with time, find other routes around to calculate tasks and problem solving activities.

It relies on the rehab support and willing from the client. With both of these you will be astounded at the level of recovery.

He may not be able to walk but he may be able to hold polite conversation and pull a smile in public with time to come. If he does this at an F1 event the racing fraternity will be very happy.

Come on Schui!!!

That's no life though for him though is it........ I know it sounds horrible but he probably should have died right there, right then - everyone could mourn his death and remember him as the awesome driver he was

carpmart

posted on 16/6/14 at 12:48 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by D Beddows
quote:
Originally posted by bi22le

Come on Schui!!!

That's no life though for him though is it........ I know it sounds horrible but he probably should have died right there, right then - everyone could mourn his death and remember him as the awesome driver he was

I was quite shocked at this post when I first read it, but having thought on it for a few mins, I think that you are absolutely right and it may have been better if he had died at the time, sad as that would have been!

You only live once - make the most of it!

Radical Clubsport, Kwaker motor
'94 MX5 MK1, 1.8
F10 M5 - 600bhp Daily Hack
Range Rover Sport - Wife's Car
Mercedes A class - Son's Car

D Beddows

posted on 16/6/14 at 01:14 PM Reply With Quote
I wasn't trying to being horrible - whether you like him or not he was indisputably one of the best race drivers ever (and it turns out he actually had a sense of humour too) and I just find it all so terribly sad
Agriv8

posted on 16/6/14 at 02:01 PM Reply With Quote
I don't know He could be out of a coma but still be in a vegetative state, He has his money in the bank to get the best possible care ( and hopefully rehabilitation ) possible.

Fingers crossed that he will be balked to enjoy the rest of his retirement fully with his family,

ATB Agriv8

Taller than your average Guy !
Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.