Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: low fuel warning lightl
evo3500

posted on 12/11/04 at 05:13 PM Reply With Quote
low fuel warning lightl

Can anybody help the GT1 that Im building has a yamaha fzr1000 thunderace engine in it.At the moment the self diagnostics is showing fault for low fuel warning light disconnected which it is.As Im not running a low level warning light. I believe this can be by passed by putting a resistor inbetween the two wires to mimmick the operation of the low level fuel sensor from the motorbike does anybody have an idea on what ohms resistance to use.

Thanks Simon.

Petemate

posted on 12/11/04 at 05:56 PM Reply With Quote
Simon
Can't help you with that but it reminded me, sorry a bit off-topic but very funny, of some fun I had with a Montego of G-reg vintage some years ago. The leccy pump failed, and it was a carb jobbie, 2 litre. So I got a mech pump and fitted it, to find that the oil w/l circuit is best described as wired in reverse and the only way out was to wire in a bulb to kid the car's ecu that the fuel pump was still wired in and working. What I did was to wire in the glovebox light to the circuit - worked a treat.
Some pikeys bought it some months later. I'd have loved to have been there when someone took out the glovebox light bulb to stop it being on all the time then tried to get it to start.....
I still chuckle about it now.
Petemate

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.