Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Intermittent starting issue
Davey D

posted on 25/6/14 at 06:47 AM Reply With Quote
Intermittent starting issue

For a few months now ive had in intermittent issue with the Vortx Starting ( or not as the case may be) its got a 2006 R1 engine.

The odd time i will come to use it, press the starter button. The orange light on the R1 clocks flashes as it would normally when starting the engine, but the starter does nothing. If i then put the engine in gear, and rock the car back and forth giving the drive train a little jiggle it will then start up fine. Could it be the starter motor sticking? Any ideas?

bi22le

posted on 25/6/14 at 05:24 PM Reply With Quote
Neutral switch or side stand switch loosng connections?

Have you got a custom loom or bike one?

My car did a similar thing and it ended up being the CBS push button start next to the missile arm switch.

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

Davey D

posted on 27/6/14 at 10:12 AM Reply With Quote
Ill have to remove the dash, and have a good look at the wiring. Was at Cadwell all day yesterday. It did it once whilst there, and then again when i got home and tried to drive it off the trailer

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.