Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: DIY water injection
Craigorypeck

posted on 29/6/14 at 11:10 PM Reply With Quote
DIY water injection

Im trying to put together a (cheap) dual stage water/meth inj setup that will be triggered by megasquirt, it has configurable outputs and ive made a diagram of my intentions below.
I've also found a water flow switch that gives a 0-5v output linear to flow but would like to have a dash gauge that will let me know when water is flowing through the first nozzle and then the second.
This can also be wired back to the megasquirt as a failsafe and switch ignition maps if solenoid fails or tank runs dry..

Is there a universal 0-5v gauge that i can use?
have a look see if you think this will work... trying to avoid the expensive kits.

v8kid

posted on 30/6/14 at 06:50 AM Reply With Quote
You mean a flow switch? Depends on the minimum flow rate to trigger switch. What flows are you talking about and what bores?

You'd be surprised how quickly the sales people at B&Q try and assist you after ignoring you for the past 15 minutes when you try and start a chainsaw

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
matt5964

posted on 30/6/14 at 08:46 AM Reply With Quote
could you use a fuel flow sensor?

http://www.race-technology.com/content.php?pcat=2&cat=728

Craigorypeck

posted on 30/6/14 at 02:11 PM Reply With Quote
should flow approx 2gph at 100psi through 6mm od nylon hose.

that fuel flow sensor could do the trick but it designed for data logging and doesn't have and dash visible gauge, sort of the same as the one i was looking at.

http://www.aquamist-direct.com/806-428tm-turbine-flow-sensor-standalone/?setCurrencyId=1

britishtrident

posted on 30/6/14 at 04:45 PM Reply With Quote
One thing I can suggest is that you try to locate the nozzles above the level of the tank as an extra measure to prevent self-syphoning when the car is now parked for long periods.

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.