Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: IT'S ALIVEEEE!!!!!!
robertst

posted on 28/9/14 at 02:36 AM Reply With Quote
IT'S ALIVEEEE!!!!!!

Hello fellow Locostbuilders! it's been 8 years of blood, sweat and many tears, and FINALLY she came alive yesterday! I was 99% sure it wouldn't start, but after a couple of cranks my pinto +4 barked into life! i'm so chuffed after so much work, words are completely redundant... idle and mixture are completely off and there are many leaks to be fixed, but i couldn't resist myself to go out for a spin. Sorry to sound ordinary, but this experience was way better than sex. there's quite a bit of work left until i can IVA it next year, but anyway this has been the most gratifying experience in my life by FAR. I don't know where to begin to say thanks to this brilliant forum, without which i couldn't have even gotten as far as buying the donor sierra, so these videos are dedicated to all of you! thank you and i hope to share the knowledge i have gained from this build.

I've uploaded two vids. This one is the first start:
http://youtu.be/iYyu6xQouyM

This other one is a timelapse i made of the final assembly. Maybe some of you know i built this car in my parents terrace and had to literally move mountains to get it out of there and into the garage.

http://youtu.be/YlSeN9olzUU

and finally this is a pic of the complete car. I plan to IVA it with windscreen and all... get it over with once.

complete
complete

atb!

Tom

whitestu

posted on 28/9/14 at 07:22 AM Reply With Quote
Well done! It's a great feeling when it first starts.
Ivan

posted on 28/9/14 at 07:53 AM Reply With Quote
Yep - it sure is a great feeling - well done that man
GRRR

posted on 28/9/14 at 08:11 AM Reply With Quote
Excellent timelapse! I want to build another kit car just for that 'its finished' moment! Well, its never finished, but...
brum_gustavo

posted on 28/9/14 at 03:06 PM Reply With Quote
We all know this fear, but when the engine roars, it's just incredible. Building a car gives you the pride and joy no Ferrari can match. After all, to own one all you need is money. Our cars demand much more than that.
Mine also started on the first try. Now I am rushing to finish the bodywork and assemble the final bits to drive it around the block for the first time...
Congratulations! Your car is beautifully done, a true Locost!

Build diary: http://gustavobrum.wordpress.com/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
robertst

posted on 28/9/14 at 07:05 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks all! You're totally right gustavo itsa unique feeling no other car can deliver! Except maybe for some alfas, just like clarkson always says for the brief time everything works its a dream
And in true locost spirit i covered the whole car in blue vinyl to save some money rather than painting it and i must say it looks very good and it cost me just about £100 so im well happy with that!

Tom

Daf

posted on 28/9/14 at 09:44 PM Reply With Quote
Well done, mine started earlier this year and I know exactly how you feel! You'll be chuffed for days - big congrats
The Black Flash

posted on 28/9/14 at 10:37 PM Reply With Quote
Nice one, loved the timelapse

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.