Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: New car taxing
austin man

posted on 30/9/14 at 09:56 PM Reply With Quote
New car taxing

Tried to sorn a car an the sites not operating thats a good start to a new system

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

BenB

posted on 30/9/14 at 10:27 PM Reply With Quote
Yup. Well and truly knackered. Just wasted 30 minutes trying to get it to work. Aaaaaaaaagh. I bet the DVLA ANPR vans will still work tommorow!
Simon

posted on 30/9/14 at 10:34 PM Reply With Quote
Re-taxed MG no probs last night

ATB

Simon

austin man

posted on 30/9/14 at 10:41 PM Reply With Quote
is it still a six month or 12 month up front payment or can you opt for monthly direct debit ??

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

Brook_lands

posted on 30/9/14 at 10:54 PM Reply With Quote
6 or 12 months still I think monthly instalments don't start until November.

Fun and games tonight, couldn't get it to work on iPad finally managed on the phone, took an absolute age, would have been quicker to go down to the Post Office

Ben_Copeland

posted on 1/10/14 at 07:23 AM Reply With Quote
Still not working properly.... just sits and loads for ages, normal government farce then !

Ben

Locost Map on Google Maps

Z20LET Astra Turbo, into a Haynes Roadster

Enter Your Details Here
http://www.facebook.com/EquinoxProducts for all your bodywork needs!

philw

posted on 1/10/14 at 09:26 AM Reply With Quote
Still not working for me either, I can tax it but I can't sorn it, there's a suprise

Must try harder

Ben_Copeland

posted on 1/10/14 at 09:30 AM Reply With Quote
Not been able to get on either service... I want to sorn but cant get that far

Ben

Locost Map on Google Maps

Z20LET Astra Turbo, into a Haynes Roadster

Enter Your Details Here
http://www.facebook.com/EquinoxProducts for all your bodywork needs!

40inches

posted on 1/10/14 at 09:46 AM Reply With Quote
Worked ok yesterday afternoon, probably crashed because of the amount of traffic (no pun intended) caused by people taxing their car at the end of the month. What a surprise!
Has any government led computerised system ever worked from the off?

matt_gsxr

posted on 1/10/14 at 10:38 AM Reply With Quote
Managed to SORN at 11.36pm last night after 45mins of messing around.

There was a news story on 10 o'clock news which probably reminded everyone that they needed to sort the tax.

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

morcus

posted on 1/10/14 at 10:00 PM Reply With Quote
It's got to be better than having to go to the post office which is only open while you're at work and waiting an hour behind all the OAP's buying stamps they could buy anywhere for the same money, or going to a DVLA office (I made that mistake once, took more than an hour to buy tax because all the windows were doing all services and most of the people there didn't seem to have the right documents with them).

These things will always have hiccups and they've been saying you can still go to the post office, I know I'd much rather spend an hour at home sorting something than walk a mile to spend the best part of hour in a queue.

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

SteveWalker

posted on 1/10/14 at 10:35 PM Reply With Quote
I've just discovered how to get around the system!

I've been trying since last night to tax my car (I had to use my wife's car for work today, but she needs it tomorrow). Again and again I got the message that it was too busy and try again later. I tried using the automated phone system, but that said it could not identify the vehicle records and switched me to speak to an operative - in a closed office!

Tonight, despite the DVLA's own site activity graph showing a drop from over 13,000 people connected at 10:31 last night right down to only 1,260 shortly after 11:00 tonight, I was still getting the same message to try later. I noticed that each time I hit refresh, the application screen popped up for a moment before changing to the busy message, so I refreshed and immediately clicked the cross to stop loading - which left me on the application screen, where I was able to successfully click the green button and run right through the process successfully

garyt

posted on 2/10/14 at 04:32 PM Reply With Quote
no problems maybe I was just lucky logged on followed destructions and out , all done n dusted took around 5 minutes, thought I had missed something but nope , hearing everyones issues guess I should have gone and bought my lottery ticket

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.