Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: recommend a hp fuel pump and regulator?
Chris_Xtreme

posted on 7/10/14 at 01:46 PM Reply With Quote
recommend a hp fuel pump and regulator?

so for the rover v8 on cbr600 bike throttle bodies I need to get a pump and regulator to go in the back of the car, (returnless TBs)

I am thinking:

the TBs have a spec of

50psi at idle -- so x2 is still 50psi at idle. (some googling suggests a constant 50psi is needed idle or not) = ~3.5 bar.

flow at 12v is 189cc every 10secs. so this is x2 = 378cc/10sec. does this work out to be 136 L/hr ?

Assuming the above is correct, anyone recommend a out of tank pump rated at 50psi 136l/h and a regulator?

(I plan to either use a large filter before the pump or a swirl pot setup)

thanks for any thoughts

b3ngy

posted on 7/10/14 at 06:46 PM Reply With Quote
If that is the sort of system your after I have sytec otp020 brand new fuel pump, fse air004 adjustable fpr with guage (used once for iva) and a brand new inline filter that is now surplus. Let me know if its what your after.
Chris_Xtreme

posted on 7/10/14 at 08:12 PM Reply With Quote
well, I wasn't going for a wanted thread, but in the spirit of saving a few quid this could be good. I saw your thread where Davegtst had put a pic up of the returnless setup and that was exactly what I am doing.

The fpr seems a good one, the gauge great (assume it is one that just goes on the regulator)

but the pump, would it be sensible to run one that at its minimum is so much more than I need?

also I am looking for 8mm barbed connectors (ie just push hose over and clamp) what did you do to sort the connecters out.

am I right in thinking these parts are a couple of years old?

ps - why and what did you change to?

cheers,

Chris

[Edited on 7/10/14 by Chris_Xtreme]

b3ngy

posted on 7/10/14 at 09:46 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Chris,

Yes the fuel pressure gauge threads into a spare port in the fpr. It's very easy to adjust.

As for the pump, I cant see why it would be a problem using this pump. Your always going to need a fpr in the system and surely having a pump that is more than capable isn't a bad thing?? Maybe someone else can advise you on that as I wouldn't like to say for sure.

The pump has push on fittings but cant remember if they are 8mm or 10mm. I might have both.

All the parts are only a couple of months old. I was going to change the fuel system to make it simpler (returnless) but decided against it so just used the fpr to help me through iva.

Chris_Xtreme

posted on 7/10/14 at 09:50 PM Reply With Quote
thanks, just double checking my flow rates etc and will prob send you a u2u, or feel free to let me know what you want for the bits, I can always get some converters for the pipe sizing if your price is good.
b3ngy

posted on 7/10/14 at 10:19 PM Reply With Quote
Will check the size of push on fittings I have tomorrow and Let you know.
Chris_Xtreme

posted on 8/10/14 at 12:31 PM Reply With Quote
cheers Ben, U2U sent to purchase the lot.. saved me a lot of bother in picking bits!
Chris_Xtreme

posted on 17/10/14 at 07:53 AM Reply With Quote
thanks Ben, all turned up fine, over to me now to make it all work together!
Non custom

posted on 17/10/14 at 09:28 AM Reply With Quote
For future reference a Bosch 044 pump and also a cosworth fpr (adjustable as std) would have also worked fine
Cosworth fpr runs at 3.0-3.5 bar as std but can be adjusted up or down to suit

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.