Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: roll bar tidy up
nick-york

posted on 17/10/14 at 08:20 PM Reply With Quote
roll bar tidy up

My rollbar is a little bit scruffy and ive been thinking about having it painted or powdercoated .I had a quote today for having it shotblasted .I was told if the original finish was paint then it would cost £50-£60 or £100 if it had been powdercoated .I thought this was quite expensive . So is this expensive or about the going rate ?also would nitro morse remove powdercoating ? And how much can I expect to pay for it to be powdercoated please ? Its just a basic rollbar with a 45° support bar . Cheers - nick
sdh2903

posted on 17/10/14 at 08:42 PM Reply With Quote
As a guide I had my powder coated roll bar shot blasted and recoated in satin black for 120 after I had welded some brackets on to it.
nick205

posted on 17/10/14 at 09:09 PM Reply With Quote
An angle grinder with a wire wheel will strip paint or powder coat of very quickly. If you don't have one a grinder can be had for <£50 and a wire wheel for ~£5. Wash and dry, red oxide or zinc primer spray can ~£5-8. Satin black spray can ~ £5-8. A couple of evenings work. Then if it needs touching up in a years time you have the stuff to do it.

owelly

posted on 18/10/14 at 08:08 AM Reply With Quote
Try Ryedale Blasters in Malton. I think they can arrange powder coating too but if not, get a Friday cash quote from Carnaby Coatings..

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.