Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Westfield XE exhaust manifold
Bingham

posted on 31/1/15 at 05:31 PM Reply With Quote
Westfield XE exhaust manifold

I'm pondering one of these but heard they were restrictive compared to expensive bespoke ones. Anybody know the diameter and length of the primaries? I wondered if I could have it converted to a 4-2-1 by cutting the collector off and added secondaries.
laptoprob

posted on 1/2/15 at 09:20 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bingham
I'm pondering one of these but heard they were restrictive compared to expensive bespoke ones. Anybody know the diameter and length of the primaries? I wondered if I could have it converted to a 4-2-1 by cutting the collector off and added secondaries.

I ran one in my Avon with a 225hp XE build and ran fine but i would say that it was at its limit. how much HP are you pushing through it?
I ended up taking it off in favour of a bespoke Tony Law exhaust which once fitted did allow the engine to rev better nearer the rev limiter.
Only reason i took it off though was because i was in the process of swapping to a 260hp engine so the Westy one had to go.

[Edited on 1/2/15 by laptoprob]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajlF4nWJtGA

Bingham

posted on 1/2/15 at 12:11 PM Reply With Quote
Pretty standard really, skimmed coscast head, early type forged pistons with slight extra pocketing, Emen Z2 cams,vernier pulleys, Mecatrol 45mm bodies ( Argentinian Jenvey knock offs - about 60% cheaper), megasquirt. Hoping for 190-200 bhp but more importantly nice flat torque curve.
laptoprob

posted on 1/2/15 at 01:17 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bingham
Pretty standard really, skimmed coscast head, early type forged pistons with slight extra pocketing, Emen Z2 cams,vernier pulleys, Mecatrol 45mm bodies ( Argentinian Jenvey knock offs - about 60% cheaper), megasquirt. Hoping for 190-200 bhp but more importantly nice flat torque curve.

The manifold will be fine for that, no problem at all.

Mine was running 12:1 compression pistons and some fairly hot cams.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajlF4nWJtGA

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.