Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: VED Refund - "you can't have it"
coyoteboy

posted on 10/2/15 at 11:56 AM Reply With Quote
VED Refund - "you can't have it"

Taxed my car just before the conversion to the auto-refund system coming into force. Wasn't aware of the auto-refund coming into force. Had to SORN the car about 3 weeks after taxing it (did so immediately). I then thought "I'll print a V14 when I'm next near a printer" and due to being out of the country for a few weeks I forgot, then remembered and found that the new system had come into force and you couldn't download the V14 and they were not accepting them any more anyway. I contacted them via their online forms and asked what to do, they sent a stock reply saying "wait for your refund". I waited. I waited. I forgot due to other issues in life. Just checked now, no refund and still no way of applying so I called them. They said "print out the V14 and submit it but it will probably still get rejected as it's been so long". I pointed out you can't print it anymore and you can't get them from the post office, so I can't. Silence. Delightful folk to deal with.

theduck

posted on 10/2/15 at 12:34 PM Reply With Quote
Go through CCRT - https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/driver-and-vehicle-licensing-agency/about/complaints-procedure - should get it resolved.
gremlin1234

posted on 10/2/15 at 01:07 PM Reply With Quote
a very quick search gets you
http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/20090324133709/direct.gov.uk/en/Diol1/DoItOnline/DG_4017819

http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/20090324133709/direct.gov.uk/en/Diol1/DoItOnline/DG_4017819

and
http://www.kdmotors.co.uk/dvla_V14.pdf

edit middle link didn't work

[Edited on 10/2/15 by gremlin1234]

coyoteboy

posted on 10/2/15 at 01:08 PM Reply With Quote
But you can't submit it gremlin, it specifically says on their site that they will return it to sender.

Thanks theduck - will follow that up if this phone call proves unfruitful!

[Edited on 10/2/15 by coyoteboy]

coyoteboy

posted on 10/2/15 at 01:22 PM Reply With Quote
Slightly more with it answer from second phone call - write to their refunds folk detailing conversations and dates and they'll sort it.

theduck

posted on 10/2/15 at 01:46 PM Reply With Quote
Good news!
Hellfire

posted on 10/2/15 at 07:32 PM Reply With Quote
I was in a similar position a few months ago. Sold a car just days before the auto-refund came into force having just taxed it for 12 months at a cost of £245. Phoned DVLA and was told to send them a letter with the details and they would refund it in full. I thought about it for a while and contemplated how pi$$ed off the new owner would be, so didn't follow it up...........

I could have been £245 better off but my conscience wouldn't let me do it.

Phil

coyoteboy

posted on 16/3/15 at 11:04 AM Reply With Quote
Sent them a letter, waited, waited, waited, called back "Oh we've not received a letter, you'll have to start the process again".

Had to put the phone down before I swore at them. I've been chasing for a refund for the best part of 4 months, they can see all the details on the machine in front of them, they know my details yet they won't do anything without a written letter.

theduck

posted on 16/3/15 at 12:09 PM Reply With Quote
I've had similar with DVSA. Posted IVA pplication, was signed for but they claim bit received. Lost 2 weeks and they refuse to look at my resubmitted application any sooner!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.