Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Resetting the odometer on a VDO gauge
Irony

posted on 24/2/15 at 01:51 PM Reply With Quote
Resetting the odometer on a VDO gauge

I bought a set of VDO gauges on here for Scootz I think ages ago. The electric speedo has the digital odometer at the bottom but it's not set at 00000000. It is used. Is there anyway at all to reset the electrics to zero for my IVA?
robertst

posted on 24/2/15 at 07:59 PM Reply With Quote
I'm also having this issue, and from what i've been able to find, there doesnt appear to be a simple "push the button" way to do this (i guess for fraud reasons, imagine if you could reset the odometer that easily) so i guess the only way would be to get into the electronics themselves, like reprogramming a chip or something.

Tom

kingster996

posted on 24/2/15 at 11:35 PM Reply With Quote
I'd be interested too. Bought used speedo and yet to connect it to see how many miles it has.

Obviously won't be easy as they are supplied as non resettable for IVA aren't they?

I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure

Chris_Xtreme

posted on 25/2/15 at 09:11 AM Reply With Quote
try dropping these guys a mail.. I am fairly sure when I have chatted to them before, they have said they can reset it / set it. (I had one fail and bought a new one and I think they said they could continue it from where the previous one left off) assuming it is an electric speedo.

http://www.etbinstruments.com/

Irony

posted on 25/2/15 at 09:41 AM Reply With Quote
I need to purchase a speed sensor kit from them so I shall ask and post my findings here.
Irony

posted on 25/2/15 at 01:48 PM Reply With Quote
Phoned ETB and they said it is possible to reset the odometer back to zero but it requires them to do it and they require proof that the car is newly registered. So I would need to provide a filled out IVA form and photos etc.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.