Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Problems at and with Talon
Talon Motorsport

posted on 3/4/15 at 07:17 AM Reply With Quote
Problems at and with Talon

Missing parts and lack of communication

Firstly I’d should apologise for the lack of communication long before now but my depression has made it’s yearly come back and I tend to stick my head in the sand at these times, I start looking at emails and think I don’t want to open them .
The past few months have been a little difficult to deal with finding that my wife has Osteoporosis of the spine and since the MRI has been found to have 7 fractured vertebrae in her back, this has had a dramatic effect on her day to day mobility and means I now only have 3-4 hours a day to be at work. I too am now having problems with my own health as the Arthritis that was in my ankles and knees has found it’s way in to my lower back and between my shoulders.
Due to this knock on effect I am now in some financial difficulty where people have put Paypal claims in against me for missing parts or undelivered orders, if you are missing chassis plates, brackets and tubes from flat packs or chassis orders these are being sorted this weekend once I can borrow some ones credit card.
I had planned for the drawings for the TMXR chassis guild to be a little more professional than what will be sent out, after I drew them up in two different CAD programs I can’t send them to any body. Please bare with me I’m not going any where I just need to get every thing sorted so I can arrange my wife’s care (NHS don’t hold your breath!) and I can move forward trying to find balance between home and workshop.

Regards Phil and Kim Talon Motor Fabrication

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
daniel mason

posted on 3/4/15 at 07:30 AM Reply With Quote
Hope you find a way to get things sorted and keep trading!
Well done for the brave post too.not an easy thing to deal with!

ianhurley20

posted on 3/4/15 at 07:53 AM Reply With Quote
Best wishes Phil, wish I was local to you I'd come and help out

maccmike

posted on 3/4/15 at 08:36 AM Reply With Quote
+1

Well done for the brave post too.not an easy thing to deal with!

Smoking Frog

posted on 3/4/15 at 09:16 AM Reply With Quote
Best of luck, I hope your situation improves.
Slimy38

posted on 3/4/15 at 10:30 AM Reply With Quote
I hope things get better for you Phil, you've done some quality work on getting viable MX5 based locost parts on the market and it would be a shame for them to disappear.
adithorp

posted on 3/4/15 at 11:42 AM Reply With Quote
Hope things improve for you. This post would seem to indicate your on the right road.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

spiderman

posted on 3/4/15 at 02:06 PM Reply With Quote
Hope that things are on the up for you right now as regards the depression, I too suffer with it from time to time, it's a hard thing to admit to others especially those that have no experience of it. It sounds as if you have a more positive outlook at the moment which I hope continues. Your wife's and your own health problems can not be helping right now as spinal problems are very painful, mine are in no way as bad as yours or your wife's but I do know how debilitating and frustrating it can be which in turn can accentuate the depression.

I to wish I was a bit closer to you so that I could help out, never be afraid to ask for help as you know there are many good people on this forum who would only too willing to help a fellow human being who is struggling.
My outlook these days is I will do what my brain and body will allow and try not to get too down if I am unable to move forward as quickly as I would like.

I hope that the financial problems ebb away and that you can continue to build the business. I will at some point be ordering a set of rear uprights from you, which I may do sooner rather than later. It's for a project I hope to start quite some time from now, so would not be in a hurry for them but if I order them soon it may go a little way to helping your cash flow.

All the very best to you and your wife.
Spider.

Spider

SteveWalker

posted on 3/4/15 at 03:11 PM Reply With Quote
Regarding your wife's back. Is she receiving steroid (I think) injections to the spine? My mother-in-law suffered from the same and was so crippled by it that she was registered disabled; however, every 9 months she'd have injections and for the next 6 months could get around, look after her house, do the shopping, so as to seem totally healthy. The unfortunate thing was that she was supposed to have the injections every 6 months, but what that actually meant was that she could go on the waiting list after 6 months and actually get them 3 months late - by the end of those extra 3 months she was virtually unable to do anything.
dubzter

posted on 3/4/15 at 03:53 PM Reply With Quote
All the best Phil. The quality of the stuff you have provided for me speaks for itself.

Locost Builders Build Thread

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.