Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: She lives again!!
alfiebeard

posted on 3/4/15 at 09:43 PM Reply With Quote
She lives again!!

Well just took the covers off the Viento and put some fuel in and refitted the battery and we are back in business, just waiting for the weather to dry up (possibly tomoz) and for a blast I will go the peace in the Lake District will be no more lol.

Here she is on the first start of the season.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HmXwD2oZjA

Alfie

[Edited on 3/4/15 by alfiebeard]

[Edited on 3/4/15 by alfiebeard]

Old bloke on a mission with 320BHP of help

Chris_Xtreme

posted on 3/4/15 at 09:46 PM Reply With Quote

Chris_Xtreme

posted on 3/4/15 at 09:47 PM Reply With Quote
that looks like an awesome machine !
alfiebeard

posted on 3/4/15 at 09:50 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for that yeh its pretty quick ive had it about 3yrs now, its been very reliable as well.

Alfie

JoelP

posted on 4/4/15 at 08:50 AM Reply With Quote
Very nice! What's the car beside it that you get a glimpse of in that video?!

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

alfiebeard

posted on 4/4/15 at 04:16 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Joel,

The car beside the Viento is an 1948 AC 2ltr six saloon.

Alfie

ianhurley20

posted on 4/4/15 at 09:17 PM Reply With Quote
Now that car I would like to see more of - I had a two door one in the mid sixties. 2 litre aluminum 6 pot engine with 3 SU carbs and suicide doors. very heavy clutch and hydraulic front brakes but rod rears. Don't know why I sold it, often wish I hadn't. Can we have a photo of yours to drool over?
Ian

alfiebeard

posted on 4/4/15 at 09:37 PM Reply With Quote
Hi yes I will post some up, it is the same as you say . I bought it last year as the owner had died and left it to his son. sadly it had been left in the back of a petrol station under cover in Haltwhistle for the last 40yrs. the guy had bought it and ran it until the inner wings rusted away and the rear chassis legs disappeared and the boot floor.

I bought it and replaced the oils plugs points and cleaned the carbs and got it running and driving within a couple of days, but I have now stripped the doors and boot and bonnet off it and levelled and primed them and replaced the inner wings and stripped out the interior so although all the welding and mechanical work is done, I have the bodywork to sort out, so it looks like a shed at present but I have a few photos on my Facebook page if you want to have a look at them.

Regards

Alfie

ianhurley20

posted on 4/4/15 at 09:48 PM Reply With Quote
That looks brilliant Alfie - if you have its history see if it lived in Stoke on Trent in the latter half of the sixties - its the same two door and same colour as mine was, can't remember the reg though. For its day it went quite well and was nice to drive with a very good view of the road indeed compared to others of its day. You have a very impressive fleet of vehicles indeed
Ian

alfiebeard

posted on 4/4/15 at 09:52 PM Reply With Quote
[Edited on 4/4/15 by alfiebeard]

alfiebeard

posted on 4/4/15 at 10:12 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks Ian,

The history I have is only from 1973 when it was parked up in Haltwhistle, it is very possible that it came from the Stoke area though as there were very few of these ACs about.

The registration BCN 14 is the original number supplied in 1948 and is on a V5 and is transferrable.

I have always loved old cars as you can see by my facebook page lol, your description of the AC 2ltr is exactly as I found it right down to the heavy clutch, mounted directly onto the gearbox. the engine on mine sounds lovely and it drives well even in bits lol. the oil pressure shows 80lb when up to running temperature so the bottom end seems fine and it doesn't use any water since I rebuilt the water pump.

Nice to speak to someone who has actually driven one of these fine cars, thanks for your input.

Alfie

[Edited on 4/4/15 by alfiebeard]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.