Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Advice on Elise 111R 190bhp
Bumble

posted on 30/4/15 at 11:58 AM Reply With Quote
Advice on Elise 111R 190bhp

Off to see a Elise 111R 190bhp this evening with a mate who's considering buying it. Other than obvious things anything else to look out for on these?
Cheers,
Matt

CNHSS1

posted on 30/4/15 at 01:34 PM Reply With Quote
any chassis tub damage. whilst its hugely strong, its glued and riveted and cant be cut n shut like a normal monocoque or have bits welded in. Some relatively minor shunts can write off the tub meaning its a big job to replace. check for any rippling or signs of bigger rivets suggesting they've been replaced.

Check if the roof leaks, check for rattles and creaks and if it doesn't do any of that, ignore it, its a duff one

"Racing is life, everything else, before or after, is just waiting"---Steve McQueen

beaver34

posted on 30/4/15 at 01:38 PM Reply With Quote
i have one so can help a little

what year is it? 06 is a face lift in terms or drive by wire throttle, led rear lights, uprated pedal box, probax seats also no rear reflectors on the later car. later cars are worth more than early ones as a rule.

its an alloy tub, check the suspension pickup points for damage there is sod all to see really, its normal for the bonding glue to be visible. body work they stone chip easy at the front, if its above 25k and does not have any its had paint.

gearbox can be crunschy from 2nd the third when cold, uprated mounts and better fluid help along with adjusting gear cables.

engine wise its a riot, make sure it come on the second cam which is 6,200 IIRC to 8,500 rpm it needs to be warmed up otherwise there is a limiter at around 5k, engines dont like hard track use if on sticky tires without baffle or accusump.

not sure what else to recommend, if you want to know anything further let me know, i love mine use it near enough daily only issue is its made my seven somewhat redundant

Davey D

posted on 30/4/15 at 09:33 PM Reply With Quote
What is the performance of these like compared to a bec? It's the car that I really fancy when I've had enough of kitcars, but worried Id not be happy enough with the speed/acceleration as I know they do the twisty bits just fine
beaver34

posted on 1/5/15 at 09:49 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Davey D
What is the performance of these like compared to a bec? It's the car that I really fancy when I've had enough of kitcars, but worried Id not be happy enough with the speed/acceleration as I know they do the twisty bits just fine

depends what BEC your talking about i suppose, real world they are 190bhp and 840kg around 5 seconds to 60 and will do 150mph, alot more usble and easy to drive than a BEC though

exige comes supercharged it later years and is a little quicker, the 111r is hard to keep on cam the s/c cars are easier to drive fast, early exige is na and 190 bhp, then supercharged 220bhp, later ones came in 240 then 260 bhp new v6 ones is 350bhp

if you ever fancy it come have a go in mine, or if you dont want to spend as much a vx220 is a good choice at half the price

[Edited on 1/5/15 by beaver34]

b14wrc

posted on 2/5/15 at 12:44 PM Reply With Quote
My Standard S1 is pretty quick, 5.5 to 60mph. I think it feels quicker than it actually is though, being low and raw in terms of handelling. Id loved to have got a 190bhp S2.... Recon you will be impressed. Totally different car to anything I've had or my mates have had, hence why I bought mine.

Let us know the out come and post some pics if he gets it.

Rob

20vt powered rear engined locost

OliilO

posted on 2/5/15 at 01:02 PM Reply With Quote
My mate's got a S1 with a Honda K20 engine running 220hp and from a standing start it's dead level with my blade engined (954, not a newer one) car until about 85/90ish, where the Elise gains an aero advantage and starts pulling away.

[Edited on 2/5/15 by OliilO]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.