Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Recharging a pipercross airfilter
Greenie

posted on 14/5/15 at 06:26 PM Reply With Quote
Recharging a pipercross airfilter

Purchased a new Pipercross foam airfilter, and on the recharging procedure with oil it states that you must spray the black side of the filter, the inside and outside of the filter is black, hence my question to you is which side do I spray with oil?
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
karlak

posted on 14/5/15 at 06:50 PM Reply With Quote
Just reminded me, that I need to buy some airfilter oil... Found these instructions, which may help you.

Pipercross Cleaning Instructions

The cleaning of a Pipercross air filter should be carried out as below. Failure to do this could result in damage to the air filter or even the vehicle.

Remove excess dirt by gently brushing the filter.
Apply cleaning additive (C9003 or C9000) liberally. Massage in with soft brush. Allow to soak for around 5 minutes.
Flush the filter out with warm water from the clean side of the foam to the dirty side.
Allow the filter to dry naturally (do not apply any heat to the filter!!)
Lightly apply dirt retention additive (C9007 or C9001) on the dirty (black) side of the foam.
Steps 2-4 may need to be repeated until the filter is clean. Do not over oil the foam as this will cause a lack of performance.

MK Indy - 2litre Duratec - Omex 600 - Jenvey throttle bodies - ETB DigiDash2

Greenie

posted on 14/5/15 at 06:58 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for that but which is the dirty black side of the foam?
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
macc man

posted on 14/5/15 at 07:03 PM Reply With Quote
The outer side will be dirty side as it sucks from the inside all the muck in the atmosphere.
Greenie

posted on 14/5/15 at 07:05 PM Reply With Quote
Brill thanks lads, the outside it is then.......

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.