Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: It's Chris Evans
myke pocock

posted on 17/6/15 at 05:03 PM Reply With Quote
How about Suzi Perry as a guest presenter occasionally. She has a very good presenting style and knows her stuff (or does her research well) I imagine they will change things a bit but still kep the essence of the show in place. After all it is a big money spinner for them.
morcus

posted on 17/6/15 at 05:20 PM Reply With Quote
The news is saying there will be a woman on the team and Jodie Kidd is high on the list. Am I the only one who's hoping its gonna be the return of Angela Rippon? Maybe with Adrian Charles to make up the numbers?

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

Daddylonglegs

posted on 17/6/15 at 06:09 PM Reply With Quote
Nah! Sorry, not for me I'm afraid. Never been a fan of old red head, he's too far up himself for my liking.

No more TG for me then.....

Just my opinion you understand

It looks like the Midget is winning at the moment......

Fatgadget

posted on 17/6/15 at 06:28 PM Reply With Quote
Just goes to show how 'celebrity' obssesed this country has become....The presenters are now the 'news not what they are actually presenting. Call me an old foggy and all that,but I used to love motoring programs when they were about cars not about the clown behind the camera be it Chris Goffey.or Chris Searl or,Stanley Baxter or that biggest of all the tossers ....GRRRRRRRrrrrrrr

[Edited on 17/6/15 by Fatgadget]

SJ

posted on 17/6/15 at 06:36 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Just goes to show how 'celebrity' obssesed this country has become....The presenters are now the 'news not what they are actually presenting. Call me an old foggy and all that,but I used to love motoring programs when they were about cars not about the clown behind the camera be it Chris Goffey.or Chris Searl or,Stanley Baxter or that biggest of all the tossers ....GRRRRRRRrrrrrrr

I agree with you but TG is a now a light entertainment show, not a motoring programme.

Texan

posted on 17/6/15 at 06:44 PM Reply With Quote
I don't count, but I'd prefer a no-name presenter with no baggage to interfere with just deciding if you liked the new presenter and the show.

How 'bout one of you guys?

While the show has continuously moved away from being a true car show, I thought this last season was the best on yet, but apparently I'm in the minority.

I drive therefore I am.

Xtreme Kermit

posted on 17/6/15 at 07:45 PM Reply With Quote
It's been an entertaining entertainment show for some time and I've enjoyed seeing cars taken to parts of the world I've not been to.

I'm a fan of Chris since he's been back on the rails and not only runs a fun breakfast show but does loads for charity.

Good on him is what I say.

02GF74

posted on 17/6/15 at 08:48 PM Reply With Quote
Does it really matter?

We all will still watch then moan about it later. ..... so nothing new there then.

TG was head and shoulders above the other dross like tight rope walking dogs.

scootz

posted on 17/6/15 at 09:47 PM Reply With Quote
Guy Martin? Interesting guy and good to watch, but he comes across as a bit of a lone-wolf. He's great when it's just him with a single-focus, but he seems to get lost in a crowd. Would be great in a weekly 'features' spot (bike related or nutter challenge piece?)

Sabine Schmidt? She's mad, she can drive, and she's very likeable. Yes, please!

Suzi Perry? Not for me. Good facts-based presenter, but she's lacking in charisma for a crossover show like TG.

Jodie Kidd? Seems she's a shoe-in. I've no real opinion on her. Could be great, good, or crap... time will tell.

Seen Dermot O'Leary's name crop up in a few places. Decent likeable guy and I think he could turn his hand to anything really. Why not!?

Did someone really mention Jay-Kay!? Please no! That man is an arse!

Also seen Phil Glenister's name being touted and although I suspect he would be alright, I do wonder if that's just because folk can see him in the Clarkson-grouch role (one which I hope is not reprised!)? Let him do it, but no role-play please!

It's Evolution Baby!

Wadders

posted on 18/6/15 at 07:30 AM Reply With Quote
I'm surprised VBH hasn't been mentioned for the female presenter, seems an obvious choice.

Previous car show experience, decent presenting skills, enthusiastic and quick driver, perky norks

micksalt

posted on 18/6/15 at 07:40 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wadders
I'm surprised VBH hasn't been mentioned for the female presenter, seems an obvious choice.

Previous car show experience, decent presenting skills, enthusiastic and quick driver, perky norks

I'd second Vicki Butler-Henderson too

AntonUK

posted on 18/6/15 at 04:17 PM Reply With Quote
VBH is nice, past her prime though.

She has already worked for top gear though...

Build Photos Here

sonic

posted on 18/6/15 at 06:21 PM Reply With Quote
Lets hope it not Jody Kidd............... that show she did with Mr pompus Wilson she was awful, so wooden and pig ugly.

I would like to see bikes featured on TG, even karting etc

David Jenkins

posted on 18/6/15 at 07:06 PM Reply With Quote
It's funny - I got to detest JC and his arrogance, so haven't watched TG for several years (I used to be a big fan). Now I think Chris Evans can be exceedingly annoying - but I'll give it a fair chance when it comes on, as I think it could be a good laugh. One thing CE has is tons of experience in front of the camera, together with a love of cars (how many classic Ferraris has he got?) and remarkably little arrogance, considering how rich he is. Could be fun...

RichN

posted on 18/6/15 at 08:02 PM Reply With Quote
What about Mark Webber to be the tame racing driver? Or a presenter for that matter.
Ninehigh

posted on 18/6/15 at 11:25 PM Reply With Quote
I think it would be amusing to have the other Chris Evans on too and confuse the shite out of everyone.

For an april release of course

MikeRJ

posted on 19/6/15 at 09:16 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scootz
Guy Martin? Interesting guy and good to watch, but he comes across as a bit of a lone-wolf. He's great when it's just him with a single-focus, but he seems to get lost in a crowd. Would be great in a weekly 'features' spot (bike related or nutter challenge piece?)

Absolutely agreed, a top bloke in many ways, but this isn't a role he'd fit into easily. He actually suffers from some kind of Aspergers which doesn't surprise me

quote:
Did someone really mention Jay-Kay!? Please no! That man is an arse!

No argument here

quote:
Also seen Phil Glenister's name being touted and although I suspect he would be alright, I do wonder if that's just because folk can see him in the Clarkson-grouch role (one which I hope is not reprised!)? Let him do it, but no role-play please!

He was superb in Life On Mars and Ashes to Ashes, but it's only since he's appeared on other stuff that I realised his performance was so good because Gene Hunt and Philip Glenister are pretty much the same characters. The London wideboy persona grates pretty badly for me.

swanny

posted on 19/6/15 at 11:46 AM Reply With Quote
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amanda_Stretton
matt5964

posted on 19/6/15 at 02:53 PM Reply With Quote
http://www.rebeccaracer.com/about-rebecca

Rebecca Jackson has done some presenting and racing.

Or what about Chris Harris...

Luego velocity XT 2.0ltr 221.3bhp 178.9lbft

Staple balls

posted on 19/6/15 at 04:00 PM Reply With Quote
Chris barrie could be, fun, proper petrolhead and it might stop dave making another terrible series of red dwarf.
Simon

posted on 19/6/15 at 05:40 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Seen Dermot O'Leary's name crop up in a few places. Decent likeable guy and I think he could turn his hand to anything really. Why not!?

We refer to him as Dermot O'Dreary. Dullest man on telly, possibly!

ATB

Simon

gremlin1234

posted on 19/6/15 at 06:25 PM Reply With Quote
can't we have the project binky boys? - might make a good 'occasional' segment.
davidimurray

posted on 19/6/15 at 09:28 PM Reply With Quote
I'd like to see Paul O'Neill on TG. His enthusiasm on the touring cars is fantastic and his commentating really brightens up the races. Nice to see someone screaming and shouting at the action rather than clinically describing what is going on then offering a dull opinion!

Gallery 1 http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.116893465324.130778.601005324
Gallery 2 http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.245243755324.181913.601005324&l=a9831a9319
Gallery 3 http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.440671625324.232627.601005324&l=3f0d42c523
Gallery 4 http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.490098255324.297598.601005324&l=efb083b7df
Gallery 5 http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150244028550325.366987.601005324&l=583fd5cd3a
Gallery 6 http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150550640070325.430417.601005324&type=3&l=fe779b358c
Duratec Engine Swap https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152527759580325.1073741828.601005324&type=1&l=40aae5e72f " target="_blank"> https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152527759580325.1073741828.601005324&type=1&l=40aae5e72f

BenB

posted on 19/6/15 at 10:14 PM Reply With Quote
Wouldn't argue with you about Paul O'Neil. Very personable and engaging. Could be a good choice. Carrie Byron is good at blowing up cars
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.