Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: first MOT questions
Slater

posted on 20/7/15 at 02:58 PM Reply With Quote
first MOT questions

Folks
I plan to get my 2008 MAC#1 back on the road soon, it's been locked up and SORNed for last 5 yrs and has never had an MOT. It's a pre-95 engine so they should just do the basic emissions test for that age of engine. I need to get it running first of course..........

Questions:
1. Do I need to remove the fly screen for the MOT? I am thinking if I leave it then they will need to see wipers/de-mist vents etc.
2. Do I need to fit a full size front number plate? I have a small plate on there at the moment.
3. Is there anything else I need to modify or change?

There is an MOT place 300 meters from my house, but I want to drive it a bit further to check the brakes and stuff, so I'll book a place further away.

[img] Description
Description
[/img]

[Edited on 20-7-15 by Slater]

[Edited on 20-7-15 by Slater]

Why do they call Port Harcourt "The Garden City"?...... Becauase they can't spell Stramash.

JAG

posted on 20/7/15 at 03:05 PM Reply With Quote
Don't know about the Fly-Screen - I have a full screen and he always checks that the wipers and washers work.

Definitely need a full size number plate.

Since it passed the SVA and everything works (doesn't it?) I can't think of anything particular.

Although I have had difficulty getting my handbrake to work - but that's my issue rather than a Locost-specific problem.

Good luck

Justin

Who is this super hero? Sarge? ...No.
Rosemary, the telephone operator? ...No.
Penry, the mild-mannered janitor? ...Could be!

ReMan

posted on 20/7/15 at 03:19 PM Reply With Quote
No he shouldn't be interest in the fly screen, unless he rips it off by grabbing it as he gets into the car!
As mentioned, number plate sadly yes.

Brakes and lights is about it for one of these, as mentioned no emissions so unless there's a major problem, that you'd already know Otherwise about then it should be plain sailing

[Edited on 20/7/15 by ReMan]

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

ICARUSTROOPER

posted on 20/7/15 at 06:18 PM Reply With Quote
Flyscreen should be ok as long as doesn't impede view to front and it can't have a swept area if the blades don't go on it. The emissions applicable are on the v5. Will be tested at a pre 95 test which is 3.5% co and 1200 hc.
Slater

posted on 20/7/15 at 08:56 PM Reply With Quote
OK thanks, I think I will remove the fly screen for the MOT as the top is level with my eyes, just to be on the safe side.

I do have full size front plate so will fit that also - Over the top of the mini plate.

Why do they call Port Harcourt "The Garden City"?...... Becauase they can't spell Stramash.

ravingfool

posted on 21/7/15 at 09:58 AM Reply With Quote
You may well get asked to assist with the MOT too, what with these cars being small and custom it obviously speeds things up for them if you can sit in the car and play with the indicators etc as necessary rather than them jumping in and out.

I took mine for a 'sort of' MOT after I picked it up and they did this (and frankly my very friendly tester wouldn't have fit).

ICARUSTROOPER

posted on 26/7/15 at 01:54 PM Reply With Quote
Just interested have you been for mot test and did it pass ok?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.