Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Zetec Radiator
Robear919

posted on 29/7/15 at 03:13 PM Reply With Quote
Zetec Radiator

Hi

I'm having persistant overheating problems with my Zetec Striker - I think it has a Polo radiator; is that man enough for the job?

Thanks

Rob

leon51274

posted on 29/7/15 at 03:38 PM Reply With Quote
No probs with my zetec and polo rad. What sort of mesh have you got in the nose cone? This can have a massive effect on airflow.
scutter

posted on 29/7/15 at 03:44 PM Reply With Quote
Check out This link on the site and it's associated links.

Regards Dan.

The less I worked, the more i liked it.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
bi22le

posted on 29/7/15 at 10:03 PM Reply With Quote
It is interesting that you mention this is a striker. I have side vents, bonnet vents, good exhaust to engine compartment segmentation, number plate removed and hole drilled. . . .

I have a 4age in mine and had some serious issues. After heavy investment in an all ali water rad and oil cooler it seemed to make no difference. In my situation it seemed the oil temp \ gauge was at fault (I changed both so dont know which one was faulty). The water temp is low now (85 deg or lower) the oil temp still runs higher than desirable (110degC).

So, some things to think off other than the above:

- Sensor \ gauge fault
- additional venting to the sides \ rear
- sensor location (it may read high but not due to the liquid being so)
- Your driving style

The last is a big point. I have come to the conclusion, now well versed in trackdays, that being WOT pre apex puts a lot of demand on the engine. I hammer my car, and desire more power due to this. It seems to be completely unaffected by the higher than desirable engine temps which makes me think that the temp naturally reads high due to location. Oil pressure is unaffected.

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.