Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Lotus Elise S1 1997
sam919

posted on 11/8/15 at 02:30 PM Reply With Quote
Lotus Elise S1 1997

Tentative sale of my Elise due to too many toys and marital pressure.

As above 1997 registered, it has the aluminum engine cover and is all in a genuine and original condition apart from a front clam re-spray due to stone chips and a few other items listed below. I got a windscreen fitted which was a bit of an effort to get Autoglass to do but none the less it was completed. The interior was getting a bit raggy, the drivers bolster was worn so i got a full set....2 seats plus 2 sill panel protectors....of second hand parts and fitted them. The alloys needed a re-furb due to surface corrosion not kerbing and i decided on gold ala 50th anniversary edition. The grilles front and back were blasted and powder coated black and the towing strut was replaced with a stainless one. The hood was given a good clean and treated with black hood protector

It still uses MMC discs and has Koni shocks, the only addition is a ITG carbon air filter direct to TB. It has had some engine work listed below.

Summary of parts replaced by myself:

- Front Clam resprayed along with front bonnet, fitted with new fasteners

- Front towing strut replaced with SS

- Windscreen

-Second hand good interior

- Grills blasted and powder coated black

-Wheel refurbished and powder coated gold

- New Avon ZV5 front tyres 185/55/15

- Oil and Lube service, new wiper and number plates

- Most ferrous accessible fasteners replaced with SS

It has a history going back to its first sale in Devon through Alan Kerr vehicle sales who used to be a Lotus main dealer, it seems he\'s turned his hand to motorhomes now. It then went to London and was serviced by H.R.Owen in London, Kings London, Tony Gilbert in Napton, Car Care Centre in Huntingdon, Team Pro-Active Ltd in Birmingham and finally Horizon Motorsport in the West Midlands where it had its 63,000/ recorded 57234 mile service on 21/04/2006.

After this in 2006 it appears to have been exported to Germany and owned by a Ms Kirsten Uhlenbrock from 11/09/2006 and living at 52134 Herzogenrath, where documents dated 22/09/2006 relate to a service and work carried out by \'Bachstrom reifen + tuning\' based in Wurselen, where the HG was also replaced. Also there are documents headed \'technische prufstelle fur den kraftfahrzeugverkehr\' which translated is \'technical prufstelle for motor vehicle traffic and show official registration of some kind from TUV Rheinland\'.

It was then sold to Tim Snoeks living in Hasselt/ Netherlands for EURO 10,000 on the 06/02/2009, at this time it had 74,564 miles on the clock, but measured in Km on the document = 120,000. It has a Dutch registration document dated 27/03/2009 which and following MOT and receipts for work done dating upto 23/09/2011 where Mr Snoeks appears to come to the UK with the car and begin living in Cupar. At this stage the above mentioned Ms Kirsten Uhlenbrock appears on insurance documents so appears to be his partner or relation, linking them both to the cars ownership since its move to Germany in 2006.

I contacted Tim and Kirsten and they told me virtually the above story, although with regards to the insurance it was never ran in the UK when they brought it over. The engine was rebuild due to the timing belt snapping, it had new cylinder head from a race elise but im not sure of the exact spec, it also got new liners, pistons, cams, ht leads,seals cooling pipes and clutch which stands to reason whilst the engine was out, there is a large amount of old parts which were replaced i have to quantify the above work and parts that have been replaced.

It was re-registered on the 14/02/2014 with its current registration R803 PDV by a friend driven for around a month and bought by myself from him on the 08/03/14. I have had the car since and enjoyed it on occasion.

The car starts without hassle and runs at the correct temperatures when hot. I have driven it quite a bit on short runs out and about and a couple of longer motorway journeys and it performs well, there are no leaks or pools of oils on the garage floor either.

If anyone is interested in the car please get in contact, i have put the front clam back on the car. Viewings and questions welcome.

Photos now uploaded and car in for fresh MOT on the 13/08/15, with above tyres ordered to be fitted.

sarrenberg@hotmail.com

07740 684 186

£8500 ono

[Edited on 11/8/15 by sam919]

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

nero1701

posted on 11/8/15 at 02:38 PM Reply With Quote
I cant see a price anywhere mate?
Dopdog

posted on 11/8/15 at 06:08 PM Reply With Quote
£8500 at the bottom of the add
sam919

posted on 11/8/15 at 06:13 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks to the original comment, i didnt put it in the first time i posted.
K13JOB

posted on 11/8/15 at 07:13 PM Reply With Quote
A location would also help
sam919

posted on 11/8/15 at 07:52 PM Reply With Quote
Phone number supplied + u2u message facility for interested parties

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.