Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Meet and drive out in Derbyshire
twybrow

posted on 18/8/15 at 11:04 AM Reply With Quote
Meet and drive out in Derbyshire

Hello all. I have recently moved to the area from the south coast, and I can already see there is a significant LCBs presence in the Derbyshire/Notts area. I am thinking of arranging a meet and drive out for anyone who is interested. This thread is to gauge interest and begin forming a plan!

As a starting point, shall we consider somewhere like Matlock? Plenty of good roads nearby, lots of pubs and fish and chips and reasonable to get to from all directions. So please reply and let me know if you would be keen, so we can gauge rough numbers and begin forming a plan....

Tim

alex1991

posted on 18/8/15 at 12:53 PM Reply With Quote
I only live 25 minutes (less if there is no traffic) away from Matlock so would be up for a meet.
omega0684

posted on 18/8/15 at 03:57 PM Reply With Quote
I wish my car was on the road!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love Pinto's, even if i did get mine from P&O!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
twybrow

posted on 18/8/15 at 05:36 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by omega0684
I wish my car was on the road!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well sort it and come and join us! You spend too much time polishing bits and not enough time driving your car Alex! Summer is slipping away, so get back out to the garage and put your car back together!

SPYDER

posted on 18/8/15 at 06:44 PM Reply With Quote
I'm interested!
owelly

posted on 18/8/15 at 08:15 PM Reply With Quote
Meet at Frank Halls chippy in Matlock Bath.......

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ReMan

posted on 19/8/15 at 06:11 AM Reply With Quote
Possibility here availability and car allowing
Oh and good on you

[Edited on 19/8/15 by ReMan]

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

shane159

posted on 19/8/15 at 08:16 AM Reply With Quote
I'd be up for that weather dependent.

[Edited on 20/8/15 by shane159]

alex1991

posted on 20/8/15 at 09:15 AM Reply With Quote
A weekend in early September then?
steve8274

posted on 20/8/15 at 12:03 PM Reply With Quote
Hi
There is a large meet on September 5th. It's an annual event but not sure who organises it. Meet up in ripley I believe at esso petrol station with McDonald's next to it then drive all round Derbyshire. Have done it twice now and been good fun.
I come from northwest and follow few cars down but this year, my car is off road so will hopefully get a passenger ride with someone up here.
Sure there must be few people on here who have been on this organised event

fireybiscuit

posted on 20/8/15 at 02:14 PM Reply With Quote
I'd be keen to join in, keep me posted.
SteveWallace

posted on 20/8/15 at 05:52 PM Reply With Quote
I would be up for that - weather and availability dependent.

Matlock Bath could be a meeting point but it gets quite busy at the weekend, so parking as a group might be hard. However, the car park at the start of the Cromford canal (just around the corner from Matlock Bath) usually has sufficient space and it also has a cafe.

steve8274

posted on 20/8/15 at 07:14 PM Reply With Quote
Ok after further investigation, I have the following info.
Meeting point is the junction of A52/A38 at Markeaton Park island on the Ashbourne Road, use the McDonalds car park. Fuel is available on site at the Esso filling station.
Meeting time is 10.30 for 11.15 set off, run only totals 67 miles.
This is the 7th year it has been done and the past ones I have been on, there have been in excess of 20 various kits, well organised and great fun.
Hope this helps

fireybiscuit

posted on 20/8/15 at 07:52 PM Reply With Quote
Great, thanks for the info. Hope to see a crowd there on the 5th.
shane159

posted on 21/8/15 at 05:21 AM Reply With Quote
Just had a thought, there's a pub just between Claycross & Alfreton in a village called Oakerthorpe called The Anchor, this would be a good place to meet as the owners welcome car/bike meets also, I've been to other forum meets there in the past, it has a large car park for a meet and serves really nice food to: http://www.anchoratoakerthorpe.co.uk/photos/gallery/outside_1_b.jpg

ReMan

posted on 21/8/15 at 06:12 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by steve8274
Ok after further investigation, I have the following info.
Meeting point is the junction of A52/A38 at Markeaton Park island on the Ashbourne Road, use the McDonalds car park. Fuel is available on site at the Esso filling station.
Meeting time is 10.30 for 11.15 set off, run only totals 67 miles.
This is the 7th year it has been done and the past ones I have been on, there have been in excess of 20 various kits, well organised and great fun.
Hope this helps

Who organises this I can't find any I'nfo?

5th is not looking good for me anyway

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

twybrow

posted on 21/8/15 at 07:01 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks for all the replies chaps. I will almost certainly be there on the 5th assuming anyone is welcome - if anyone obkws who runs this event that would be useful!

As for an alternative meet, would it need to be a weekend, or would a week night make sense? I ask as the roads would be quieter on a week night, bit I appreciate by the time people finish work, get home and het out again, it might be tricky. Thoughts?

As for a meeting point, the Anchor would be good. Randomly I moved into a holiday let just a few hundred metres away from this pub whilst we were having building work done. Alfreton is very easy to get to as it is just off the M1. Equally, as I came through Matlock Bath last night, there is a large car park just outside the town which would be a good meeting point. Either way, I am pleased that my fellow LCBs are keen!

If we can get consensus on mid week vs weekend, I will set a date imminently (and book the sunny weather!).

twybrow

posted on 21/8/15 at 07:15 AM Reply With Quote
Westfield owners website - Tiger day

Can anyone with a wscc membership comment on that thread, and get an email address of the organiser?

steve8274

posted on 21/8/15 at 07:42 AM Reply With Quote
Like I say this is the 7th time they have organised this event and always well organised so doubt they will move meeting point and especially at such a late time.
The event is indeed open to everyone. I have seen people there in all sorts of kits and even some fancy road cars.
It is organised by a tiger kit group but not sure which one.
I am amazed if no one of here has not been to this event over the years.

twybrow

posted on 21/8/15 at 11:10 AM Reply With Quote
I am not proposing asking them to change anything - I wanted to contact the organiser to get some more info, and give a heads up that I/we might gatecrash!

I am still keen to sort out another meet/drive as discussed above.

SteveWallace

posted on 23/8/15 at 03:17 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by twybrow

If we can get consensus on mid week vs weekend, I will set a date imminently (and book the sunny weather!).

Mid week or a weekend works for me, depending on the exact date. Given the state of the weather these days, when your ready it might be worth a look at the 5 day forecast and just go with whatever looks dry rather than trying to plan too far ahead in the hope of getting a big group. There should be enough of us who look at this forum regular enough to spot it and make it worth while.

SPYDER

posted on 23/8/15 at 04:47 PM Reply With Quote
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

What he said!

twybrow

posted on 26/8/15 at 07:58 PM Reply With Quote
Shall we pencil in a drive next week then chaps? The long range forecast looks good, with a high pressure building.....
SPYDER

posted on 27/8/15 at 07:58 AM Reply With Quote
I should be OK for Mon-Wed, possibly Thursday.
alex1991

posted on 27/8/15 at 08:49 AM Reply With Quote
I'm away at a conference Tuesday to Friday. So if it falls out of those times I should be free.
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.