Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Sierra push in drive shafts
ragindave

posted on 4/9/15 at 08:58 AM Reply With Quote
Sierra push in drive shafts

I am after some new Sierra push in drive shafts I see a company called J&R do these for £69.99 each this is pretty good value.
Does anyone have a new set they do not need that they would like to sell or does anyone one know of a cheaper supplier.
Thanks.

tims31

posted on 4/9/15 at 09:04 AM Reply With Quote
Dave,

I have a pair that were for my Fury but slightly too long on one side and short on the other by about 15mm (yes I know they are offset in the Fury but still didn't fit)
They have brand new cans and the shaft has been cut down by Steve at Fury and sleeved, Welcome to come and have a look mate.

Martin

Build: http://www.martinsfurybuild.co.uk/

adithorp

posted on 4/9/15 at 09:19 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tims31
Dave,

I have a pair that were for my Fury but slightly too long on one side and short on the other by about 15mm (yes I know they are offset in the Fury but still didn't fit)
They have brand new cans and the shaft has been cut down by Steve at Fury and sleeved, Welcome to come and have a look mate.

Martin

Have you got the ally spacer plates between the upright and hub that are usual on the spider bodywork? Can't see anything on your blogand if they're missing it'd explain the discrepancy

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

Rosco86

posted on 4/9/15 at 09:47 AM Reply With Quote
I'm expecting a set of bolt on shafts from them today, so we will see

My Build Thread

MikeR

posted on 4/9/15 at 12:31 PM Reply With Quote
could you provide the sizes of the modified drive shafts and would you be interesting selling & posting?
madteg

posted on 4/9/15 at 04:03 PM Reply With Quote
I have a set in shed, £30 they are yours
MikeR

posted on 4/9/15 at 06:35 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks, I'm building my own sized Locost hence need to know the sizes as I've already made the de Dion axle and have to get shafts to fit.

At least with Kettering it's potentially a drive away

tims31

posted on 4/9/15 at 09:51 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by adithorp
quote:
Originally posted by tims31
Dave,

Martin

Have you got the ally spacer plates between the upright and hub that are usual on the spider bodywork? Can't see anything on your blogand if they're missing it'd explain the discrepancy

You've got me worried now Adi, I'm sure I had those fitted but I will have to check in the morning as it seems like ages ago that I fitted the shafts etc. The only thing is that originally I wasn't going for the Spyder bodywork I was having the standard body but I am now having the Spyder body, is this going to make a difference? When I mentioned the shafts being to short/long Steve just made some new ones for me that seem to fit OK, the ones I have spare were the originals sent. best I hang onto those until I check I guess but I know I am not the only one to have this problem as I have been in contact with someone else who had the same problem.

This document shows what the sizes were but I will double check in the morning and post up the sizes if anyone is interested in them (If I dont need them!)

[Edited on 4/9/15 by tims31]

tims31

posted on 5/9/15 at 09:18 AM Reply With Quote
Well I've double checked and I do have the ali spacers fitted (phew).

When I tried to fit the shafts originally, one of the hubs would go on no problem but would leave the shaft loose as in floating between the hub and differential with no weight on the wheels and the other one I couldn't get the hub on fully with the weight off, swapping them around made the situation worse.

I've measured the shafts (old ones) and they are 742mm and 750mm in length.

Description
Description

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.