Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Fuming at Adrian Flux
smart51

posted on 10/11/15 at 03:14 PM Reply With Quote
Fuming at Adrian Flux

Some of you will know that thieves tried to steal my trike a few weeks ago. I made a claim on my insurance which has been confirmed today. However, my insurance renewed during the claim. I phoned a couple of days before the renewal and was told that I could cancel within 14 days of renewal so let the cover renew and when a decision is made to scrap the car, cancel the cover then. I've just phoned to cancel and they only want to give me a partial refund. I'm fuming. They said, you can't have 10 days free insurance, you've been driving the car for that time. Not that I have, of course, they've had the car for 3 weeks.

Am I right in thinking I should get a full refund under the circumstances or are they within their rights to keep back about £50?

ianm67

posted on 10/11/15 at 03:42 PM Reply With Quote
Good luck with Adrian Flux........ Had my fingers burnt by them about 20 years ago won't ever use them again. It's not just them BTW, a lot of brokers operate in a similar fashion. I sold a car about 5 months ago, it had about 3 months of a 12 month insurance policy left to run. I rang up the broker told them that I had sold the car and that I wanted to end the cover. They wanted to charge me £65 for the privilege!

Always biting off more than I can chew.....

benchmark51

posted on 10/11/15 at 05:36 PM Reply With Quote
I had the same with Adrian Flux, wanted £50 cancellation fee. So I said not to bother cancelling, I would just let it expire. So then they refused to confirm my NCB until it had expired. I explained this to my new insurer who took my word that NCB would be available in a couple of months time. I duly forwarded the NCB as soon as I got it. Nice to be trusted, so I have insured another 2 vehicles with them. About 4 other people I have told this to have also insured with this company, which is AIB.
morcus

posted on 10/11/15 at 05:44 PM Reply With Quote
Its an odd case because the car was scrapped but it is standard top charge you for the days that have passed in the time unless you can prove you got rid of the car or got new insurance, that said that should literally just be the cost of the cover, so unless your insurance cost 2500 for the year its a bit steep.

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

smart51

posted on 10/11/15 at 05:55 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by morcus
Its an odd case because the car was scrapped but it is standard top charge you for the days that have passed in the time unless you can prove you got rid of the car or got new insurance, that said that should literally just be the cost of the cover, so unless your insurance cost 2500 for the year its a bit steep.

They collected the car 12 days before cover renewed.

[Edited on 10-11-2015 by smart51]

coyoteboy

posted on 10/11/15 at 08:48 PM Reply With Quote
I'd argue it. Until I was blue in the face and wasted £50 with of their time.

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

posted on 10/11/15 at 09:33 PM Reply With Quote
Hi,
If you wanted to PM me your details I'd be happy to take a look into this for you to see if there is anything I can do.
Regards,
Dan.

smart51

posted on 12/11/15 at 11:57 AM Reply With Quote
I had a phonecall from Adrian Flux this morning offering a full refund, which I've accepted. I guess it was a case of one department not talking to another. I'm glad it's all sorted now.
steve m

posted on 12/11/15 at 05:23 PM Reply With Quote
That's a good result, and good that they monitor the forum, as I would imagine a very large junk of their kit car
and specials come from this site

perhaps rename your thread as resolved ?

steve

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

smart51

posted on 12/11/15 at 05:39 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by steve mperhaps rename your thread as resolved ?

There's no edit button on the original post, or I would have done.

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

posted on 16/11/15 at 09:00 PM Reply With Quote
Hi,
I'm glad it was sorted out amicably in the end.
Regards,
Dan.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.