Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: its getting close now
garyt

posted on 20/3/16 at 09:33 AM Reply With Quote
its getting close now

only 4 sleep (less) s to go iva on thurday, 8am at Aberdeen........
I've been over and over her so hope all is well now. Insurance paid , tank full, and ski clothing looked out as it will no doubt be a tad chilly up here early in the morning.
As a note , and I have no commercial interest, but got my insurance through Footman James very good price, service and knolagable friendly staff and yes I added the breakdown cover...... just in case

So everything crossed all I can do now is pack a box of bits n pieces, and the toolbox .................. and wait........

remember we are not mad just creatively insane !!!!!

bi22le

posted on 20/3/16 at 09:36 AM Reply With Quote
Good luck and a prefect time to compete a build.

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

metel matt

posted on 20/3/16 at 10:44 AM Reply With Quote
Hope it all goes well I'm still looking and looking and then the other day relised I forgot to wire up my horn and what a pain that was had to strip the dash out and re wire it all. Not to long for me now either but good luck

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/50/viewthread.php?tid=202165

Slater

posted on 20/3/16 at 12:47 PM Reply With Quote
Good Luck and enjoy the drive.

I had an eventful SVA at Aberdeen in 2009, I managed to fail then pass all in the space of a morning.

Linker to thread

Why do they call Port Harcourt "The Garden City"?...... Becauase they can't spell Stramash.

garyt

posted on 20/3/16 at 01:55 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks guys, and I will report back on what happens.

Hi Slater, thanks for that now I really don't need to tell you what is getting twitchy... lol

I read your post so that gives me some confidence also I had a chat with the center when they booked me in and was told to bring some tools etc , just in case.
She has been to the local garage and passed the cat1 test there, set the headlights and then had to slacken them off to trim the foot grrrrr.
your post was 2 weeks earlier in the year so hoping it wont be so frosty, but it will be an early away, no burger van there now but there is a mcd's a couple of hundred yards away

Kdempsie

posted on 20/3/16 at 03:34 PM Reply With Quote
I'm looking forward to hearing how you get on. Got my 'released for inspection' Mail on Thursday so hoping to have a date in Aberdeen soon. I think it's all too squeaky tight for me to pass IVA and get to Stoneleigh now but I'll keep pushing, I'd be interested to know how you get on with registration, it looks like a bit of a lottery time wise but I'd guess if IVA goes well you could be registered in time - are you planning to go if you do? Quite a hike from Lossiemouth though!

Good luck with the test.

big-vee-twin

posted on 20/3/16 at 06:09 PM Reply With Quote
Dont forget to take tools especially to adjust headlights and also a wheel brace so they can check the wheel nuts.

Duratec Engine is fitted, MS2 Extra V3 is assembled and tested, engine running, car now built. IVA passed 26/02/2016

http://www.triangleltd.com

garyt

posted on 20/3/16 at 06:44 PM Reply With Quote
yes got the tools sorted out and a wheel brace all packed I had a spare 19mm spanner specially cut in half so that its easier to do the headlight nuts,
I am trying to push on a bit as my dads driving days are getting close to an end and would really like for him to have an outing in it, also there are a couple of westy club trips organised for June (open to all 7esque cars or indeed any like minded folk) lads from Yorkshire doing a tour , 1 day is kilin / dunottar castle (via the coast road) up over the lecht round to cairngorm (up the funicular) back to killin, next one is clan mcwesty trip to applecross on fri/sat/sun 19th june
I will report back on how it all goes.
kdempsie I hadn't planned on Stoneleigh as its a fair trip as you say, maybe once your through we can meet up sometime

LBMEFM

posted on 20/3/16 at 10:34 PM Reply With Quote
Good luck for Thursday Garyt, I'm sure it's going to be fine.
Toprivetguns

posted on 22/3/16 at 01:14 PM Reply With Quote
Good luck ! Fingers crossed for good weather there and back.

Only drive as fast as your angel can fly... !

garyt

posted on 23/3/16 at 07:42 PM Reply With Quote
thanks Andy, just watched the forecast , it looks like I may miss the rain and then its forecasting sunny and warm for the afternoon.
Well I have done as much as I can now, so in the hands of the tester now.
I really didn't think I would be this nervous , sleepless night tonight lol, anyway all is ready for an early start meeting up with one of the westy guys on route and transferring all the tools etc to his car.
So win lose or draw I will post up a report tomorrow night .............

Andybarbet

posted on 23/3/16 at 10:22 PM Reply With Quote
Good luck - fingers crossed on the weather too

Give a man a fish & it will feed him for a day, give him a fishing rod & you've saved a fish.

garyt

posted on 24/3/16 at 06:40 AM Reply With Quote
cheers guys, a sleepless night so up and woke the neighbours (they were warned), loaded her up and set off
so have just arrived in Aberdeen having breakfast at McDs mmmm.
weather is b#;'#]# cold and drizzily car ran fine driver was a bit sketchy on the first roundabout after home ... mmmm... still getting used to that quick rack
then a nice steady run in a wee bit of traffic I have to say the drive in was amazing the power of the s/c , exhaust note ..... miles with smiles for sure
more to come

Pojo

posted on 24/3/16 at 08:41 AM Reply With Quote
GOOD LUCK !!!!!!
ken555

posted on 24/3/16 at 09:25 AM Reply With Quote
Has it passed yet.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
garyt

posted on 24/3/16 at 05:54 PM Reply With Quote
HAHA sorry to keep you all in suspense its a ......... PASS

Left early doors this morning, drizzle and cold, add in a quick rack and she was a wee bit twitchy, had a steady drive through to Aberdeen, topped up with petrol and then mcd's for some much needed coffee, ready to head over to the test center and met up with Campbell. we arrived at the center and went in against their one way system, oops....

went in to reception and was met by the tester who really wanted the car to pass and even helped a bit later on.

So we got called over to the test bay and emmissions first mx5 2003 1.8 supercharged, failed the BET test on rich idle so on to CAT1 test and passed, next noise, (he later found the wire wool packing amongst the tools and said worried were you? ) so as it was raining he opted to try inside first , fail, put the car outside and passed (scraped). then he did the lights, exterior / interior projections, all the time explaining, you could tell he was really interested , onto the brake tests fronts great, rears great, handbrake the cable pulled through so as I tried to refix he carried on with the other checks , One flexi was just touching and the headlights needed a wee adjust, Thanks Campbell for sorting these out with the handbrake cable back together there was an imbalance, we will come back to that, so speedo check and

its spot on, so don't rely on 10%, he then took it away to do the self centering, and came back and asked if there was any way we could sort the handbrake for an equal pull.

So while he went to do some paperwork we tried again Campbell said to remove the plastic cable covering so we could secure it without it slipping, so with it all together again, nerves meant a toilet break, when I came out he was back with some paperwork so we did the handbrake again and bingo she passed.

After collecting the paperwork and chatting I had a wonderful drive home in the sun and dry too

So a very big thank you to Campbell, and although he will not see this a very big thank you to the tester, now to deal with dvla for a reg number

a very very happy gary

ken555

posted on 24/3/16 at 05:54 PM Reply With Quote
Well Done

[Edited on 24-3-16 by ken555]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Norfolkluegojnr

posted on 24/3/16 at 07:35 PM Reply With Quote
Well done!

Let's see some pics then....

Kdempsie

posted on 24/3/16 at 07:56 PM Reply With Quote
You must be delighted and exhausted! Well done.
garyt

posted on 24/3/16 at 08:47 PM Reply With Quote
"Well done!

Let's see some pics then...."
here are a couple more in my build thread

"You must be delighted and exhausted! "

yeah absolutely shattered but over the moon The first proper drive this morning, wind trying to blow your bunnet off, exhaust growling away and tools rattling so your on edge trying to hear any probs and the roads are damp so its twitchy , hardly slept worrying if he will spot something obvious now tonight probably wont sleep cos i'm excited

[img] Description
Description
[/img]

[Edited on 24/3/16 by garyt]
[img] Description
Description
[/img]

[Edited on 24/3/16 by garyt]

gremlin1234

posted on 24/3/16 at 08:55 PM Reply With Quote
well done, tester sounds good too ;-)
JSArmstrong

posted on 25/3/16 at 08:04 AM Reply With Quote
well done garyt!! enjoy the car!
Dudefladge

posted on 25/3/16 at 08:46 AM Reply With Quote
Congrats Gary!!!

Rob

Looking & Learning

adithorp

posted on 25/3/16 at 09:27 AM Reply With Quote
Nice one!

A first time pass is something to be proud of.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

Slater

posted on 25/3/16 at 05:38 PM Reply With Quote
Epic, well done!

A first time pass is no mean feat. A rare thing.

Its a good feeling, eh.

Why do they call Port Harcourt "The Garden City"?...... Becauase they can't spell Stramash.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.