Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: World Rally X, Lydden Hill
LBMEFM

posted on 30/5/16 at 03:42 AM Reply With Quote
World Rally X, Lydden Hill

Spent the weekend at Lydden Hill at the World Rally X. Been going there for over 50 years, my dad took me as a boy and then I used to cycle there and was present at the first Rally X meeting in. 67 and followed it ever since. I have marshalled, raced and still regularly track day there. It was brilliant to see it alive again, after a few years with where it looked run down Pat Doran and his team have restored it to make a truly international Rally X circuit. Racing was superb, weather was good and with no restricted areas got to speak to Solberg, Loeb, Wilks and many of the other top drivers.
bi22le

posted on 30/5/16 at 08:49 AM Reply With Quote
Wow, I am gutted I missed out. I am defiantly going to this next year.

The circuit does look better and better each time I go.

All they need to do is sort out their track day calendar (it seems hard to find which dates are available) and bring back drift what ya bring and it will be a great circuit.

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

Fatgadget

posted on 30/5/16 at 04:17 PM Reply With Quote
Used to love RX back in the 80s.when the likes of John Welch,Tony Drummond, Trevor Reeeves,Bruce Rushton,the Hathaway brothers used to compete...
Dave Bailey

posted on 30/5/16 at 05:21 PM Reply With Quote
Don't forget Martin Schanche.... :-)
LBMEFM

posted on 30/5/16 at 06:57 PM Reply With Quote
......and Will Gollop, Trevor Hopkins, Ivan Mokes, Dimi Mavropoulas the list goes on and on prior to them Roy Edwards, Taylor, Clark, Ripley and more recently the man has done wonders for Lydden Hill Pat Doran.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.