Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Zetec starter
Hammy360

posted on 22/9/16 at 03:35 PM Reply With Quote
Zetec starter

Hi all,
Im fitting blacktop 2.0 Zetec to a type 9 with retroford flywheel and pinto clutch.

Does anyone know which starter I need, I believe its sierra 2.0 DOHC but can't remember.

Cheers





Hammy

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
AndyW

posted on 22/9/16 at 04:19 PM Reply With Quote
I used a Lucas LRS707

Not sure about the flywheel though as I used standard one.

I got one of ebay brand new and was much cheaper than the kit suppliers. Works find and still going strong.

Andy

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
Hammy360

posted on 22/9/16 at 04:50 PM Reply With Quote
Hi mate,
Thought so, like this one?

FORD SIERRA & SAPPHIRE 2.0 PINTO OHC & DOHC NEW RMFD STARTER MOTOR 1987-93





Hammy

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
AndyW

posted on 22/9/16 at 04:53 PM Reply With Quote
FORD 87BB11000BA
FORD 87BB11000DA

looks like it to me. The above are the ford part numbers and cross ref to that one so looks good to go.

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
Hammy360

posted on 22/9/16 at 05:37 PM Reply With Quote
cheers

quote:
Originally posted by AndyW
FORD 87BB11000BA
FORD 87BB11000DA

looks like it to me. The above are the ford part numbers and cross ref to that one so looks good to go.


Lovely thats what I thought as my donor for my last build was sierra 2.0 dohc and I was sure I used the starter from that.

PS. Andy, I'll let you know how the conversion is going when I get some time in the garage!

Blogs is here mate http://zetecstriker.blogspot.co.uk/





Hammy

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
obfripper

posted on 22/9/16 at 06:24 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hammy360
Hi mate,
Thought so, like this one?

FORD SIERRA & SAPPHIRE 2.0 PINTO OHC & DOHC NEW RMFD STARTER MOTOR 1987-93


That one needs a 14mm spacer to correctly engage the flywheel, it does cross reference but is incorrect for this application without a spacer.

You need one of these for a direct fit:

http://www.woodauto.com/Component.aspx?Ref=STR50041

It has the shorter nose, and the linked one has planet reduction gears so smaller than the original lucas type and far more powerful (should be fine cranking a hot engine).


Dave

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
Hammy360

posted on 22/9/16 at 07:49 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by obfripper
quote:
Originally posted by Hammy360
Hi mate,
Thought so, like this one?

FORD SIERRA & SAPPHIRE 2.0 PINTO OHC & DOHC NEW RMFD STARTER MOTOR 1987-93


That one needs a 14mm spacer to correctly engage the flywheel, it does cross reference but is incorrect for this application without a spacer.

You need one of these for a direct fit:

http://www.woodauto.com/Component.aspx?Ref=STR50041

It has the shorter nose, and the linked one has planet reduction gears so smaller than the original lucas type and far more powerful (should be fine cranking a hot engine).


Dave


Cheers, thanks





Hammy

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
Hammy360

posted on 5/12/16 at 01:19 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by obfripper
quote:
Originally posted by Hammy360
Hi mate,
Thought so, like this one?

FORD SIERRA & SAPPHIRE 2.0 PINTO OHC & DOHC NEW RMFD STARTER MOTOR 1987-93


That one needs a 14mm spacer to correctly engage the flywheel, it does cross reference but is incorrect for this application without a spacer.

You need one of these for a direct fit:

http://www.woodauto.com/Component.aspx?Ref=STR50041

It has the shorter nose, and the linked one has planet reduction gears so smaller than the original lucas type and far more powerful (should be fine cranking a hot engine).


Dave


Hi mate, can I just confirm again I have a retroford flywheel and pinto clutch http://www.retro-ford.co.uk/shop/content/zetec-rwd-flywheel-z015

Just want to triple check before ordering as the retroford starter is 120!

Cheers for your help





Hammy

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
loggyboy

posted on 5/12/16 at 01:23 PM Reply With Quote
have you tried asking retro ford?





Mistral Motorsport

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
Hammy360

posted on 5/12/16 at 01:30 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy
have you tried asking retro ford?


Yes mate, they obviously said their one :-)





Hammy

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
obfripper

posted on 5/12/16 at 02:10 PM Reply With Quote
The retroford flywheel is a pinto clutch pattern redrilled 1.8 zetec flywheel, so that starter should be fine.

Dave

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
Hammy360

posted on 5/12/16 at 02:44 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by obfripper
The retroford flywheel is a pinto clutch pattern redrilled 1.8 zetec flywheel, so that starter should be fine.

Dave


Thanks mate, ordered at a big saving :-)





Hammy

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply


go to top






Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [ 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.