Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Exhaust with cat
Sloan85

posted on 20/11/16 at 12:27 PM Reply With Quote
Exhaust with cat

So my Indy was 3 years old in September and now due an MOT and I need an exhaust with a cat. I know MK used to hire one out but I've tried contacting them a few times but no avail.

Anyone have an Indy exhaust with cat I could buy or hire? Any other suppliers that I could try? Any other suggestions??

Cheers

http://mkindygsxr.blogspot.co.uk

motorcycle_mayhem

posted on 20/11/16 at 12:41 PM Reply With Quote
I have the Westfield Megabusa silencer with the integral catalyst, you need only look at the cost of these to make you come out in a cold sweat.

I could be persuaded to part with it. It's virtually 'new', came out of the packaging twice for two MoT's, not the usual tarnished, abused rubbish. It won't be cheap', plenty of such things about, but I thought I'd make you aware of it.

My current car has a Q-plate, which is an absolute joy, I don't need to perform this nonsense any longer.

40inches

posted on 20/11/16 at 02:20 PM Reply With Quote
I have the Cat that was fitted for IVA. Passed a ZX9R, with carbs, at post 2002 emissions.
Could be persuaded to part with it for £60 + P&P
Description
Description

A1

posted on 20/11/16 at 03:16 PM Reply With Quote
I thought kitcars were only subject to a visual emissions test like classics? Or is that cause of the age of yours?
james h

posted on 20/11/16 at 03:42 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by A1
I thought kitcars were only subject to a visual emissions test like classics? Or is that cause of the age of yours?

Q plate kits are tested for visible smoke. Ones with an age related plate require cats.

A1

posted on 20/11/16 at 03:51 PM Reply With Quote
Aah yea! ta =]
britishtrident

posted on 21/11/16 at 01:50 PM Reply With Quote
There is a trick for getting a lazy cat through a tail pipe test, just put heat wrap on the exhaust manifold to increase the temperature pre-cat.
You have to be extra careful that the engine is starting well running without misfires or running excessively rich as raw fuel getting to the cat will cause cat burnout.

I you put in an extra M18 boss for a post cat lambda sensor and screw any old standard lambda sensor into that you can get a pretty good idea if the cat is working properly by looking at its' voltage output.

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

Sloan85

posted on 26/2/17 at 01:13 PM Reply With Quote
So, I have been lazy and not sorted this out yet.

Any other suggestions apart from purchasing a silencer with integral cat? Obviously don't want to do this due to cost.

Cheers

http://mkindygsxr.blogspot.co.uk

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.