Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Chassis Manufacturers
Nightkid

posted on 4/1/05 at 11:59 PM Reply With Quote
Chassis Manufacturers

Hey all
I have sourced all the major mechanical components. It’s going to be pretty much exact to the “book” car other than it’s a 1300cc. I’ve decided to buy a chassis but not sure which manufacturer (Robin hood, Westfield etc…) can sell me a chassis suitable to accommodate the book design. Does any manufacturer produce the exact chassis from the book? Thanks in advance

phelpsa

posted on 5/1/05 at 12:02 AM Reply With Quote
I think that Stuart Taylor are the closest, or Luego maybe.

Adam

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
tadltd

posted on 5/1/05 at 12:11 AM Reply With Quote
We'd be happy to build you a 'book' chassis. Drop me an e-mail if interested.

Best Regards,

Steve.
www.turnerautosport.com

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
racer56

posted on 5/1/05 at 12:35 AM Reply With Quote
Arrow Engineering built my new one when I trashed my race car. They can be contacted via www.arrowengineering.co.uk
David doesn't always sound the most enthusiastic, but he is a top welder fabricator and turned my chassis round very quickly. Also gives you the option to discuss any mods you think off along the way! If you call him, mention Phil sent you. Cheers

flak monkey

posted on 5/1/05 at 09:03 AM Reply With Quote
As far as i know the GTS chassis is almost identical to the book chassis, other than the de dion rear end, but as far as i know the mounting for the de dion is that same as that for the live axle.

Cheers,
David

[Edited on 5/1/05 by flak monkey]

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

James

posted on 5/1/05 at 11:15 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nightkid
Hey all
I have sourced all the major mechanical components. It’s going to be pretty much exact to the “book” car other than it’s a 1300cc. I’ve decided to buy a chassis but not sure which manufacturer (Robin hood, Westfield etc&#8230 can sell me a chassis suitable to accommodate the book design. Does any manufacturer produce the exact chassis from the book? Thanks in advance

The Robin Hood chassis is not like the Locost one. If you mean the Lolocost section of Robin Hood then I'm pretty sure it's designed around using a Sierra donor.
Oh, and I forgot to mention... it sucks big!

If I was looking for a proper 'book' chassis then I would go to GTS or Luego. The Mk chassis (although really nice) is designed around a Sierra donor.

HTH,
James

ned

posted on 5/1/05 at 11:31 AM Reply With Quote
james, the gts is now sierra as well with the dedion rear, though darren might do a locot chassis if asked nicely. don't forget stuart taylor who do locost chassis. do mnr do a locost chassis?

beware, I've got yellow skin

phelpsa

posted on 5/1/05 at 12:41 PM Reply With Quote
I expect most manufacturers would make you one if you asked nicely enough, as all of them have built one or maybe a few.

Adam

Nightkid

posted on 5/1/05 at 11:44 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the advice people
will be writing a lot of emails this weekend to see who can knock me a "book" chassis and what the prices are like. The main problem i've got is that i'm in Essex and dont have the mean to tow things back.....delivery charges is gonna kill me!

mattpilmoor

posted on 6/1/05 at 07:14 AM Reply With Quote
You should be able to get it on a decent roof rack. It'll save you a load of cash!
wilkingj

posted on 6/1/05 at 10:14 AM Reply With Quote
Luego make a book chassis, as they used to supply Ron Champion (I Think).
Its definately stock std.
They are a Peterborough.Luego Website

Speak to Grant of Matt.

1. The point of a journey is not to arrive.
2. Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Best Regards
Geoff
http://www.v8viento.co.uk

Nightkid

posted on 6/1/05 at 04:51 PM Reply With Quote
approx how heavy is a full chassis? i'm just wondering if it will fit on top of my kia picanto roof rail with 100kg limit. it all sound a bit dodgy to me.....especially with a small wheelbase car. Been looking around for a chassis today and i have concluded that most manufacturer will make me a locost book chassis with all the brackets for around £500. am i correct to assume this?

[Edited on 6/1/05 by Nightkid]

Avoneer

posted on 6/1/05 at 05:59 PM Reply With Quote
I'd say most chassis' are around 80kg and £500 sounds like a good figure.
Most manafacturers chassis are similar - all have there good and bad points. I'd buy the one that waqs nearest!
Pat...

No trees were killed in the sending of this message.
However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

dozracing

posted on 7/1/05 at 06:16 PM Reply With Quote
I would probably be up for delivering a chassis to Essex as you are likely to be reasonably close to me here in Kent.

Give me a ring on 01795 590295 and we can discuss it.

Kind regards,
Darren
GTS Tuning

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.