Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: What material to use for 'for sale' sign
steve8274

posted on 29/3/17 at 05:38 PM Reply With Quote
What material to use for 'for sale' sign

Hello all
I'm looking to sell my Gbs zero and wanting to put a sign on it whilst driving around to advertise it. Was thinking of attaching it to the roll bar somehow. But what material could I use? Need to ensure it's strong enough to be attached to roll-bar and won't come off at speed.
Whilst the car is parked up, I can put a sign in window.
Ideas welcomed.
Thanks

Slimy38

posted on 29/3/17 at 05:53 PM Reply With Quote
If you only need to see it while driving around, I wouldn't bother. It's not as if anyone will be able to read any kind of detail whilst moving, or even have the ability to write your phone number down.

Your buyer will most likely come from whatever advert you put out on Ebay, Gumtree, Autotrader etc.

If you really want to put something up, how about a length of white vinyl with 'For sale' and a phone number? Just stick it direct to the roll bar, it'll stay put until the new owner wants to remove it. Or the same on the side of the car, perhaps with a bit more detail?

[Edited on 29/3/17 by Slimy38]

steve8274

posted on 29/3/17 at 06:02 PM Reply With Quote
I was just thinking when stopped in traffic or even when driving through towns slowly. Was only going to put for sale and phone number on rear then a laminated sheet on windscreen when parked up
Slimy38

posted on 29/3/17 at 06:42 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by steve8274
I was just thinking when stopped in traffic or even when driving through towns slowly. Was only going to put for sale and phone number on rear then a laminated sheet on windscreen when parked up

Printed vinyl will work fine then, shouldn't cost too much for an A4 sheet, run it through a printer and then chop it up for the roll bar.

coozer

posted on 29/3/17 at 06:47 PM Reply With Quote
Some vinyl wrap signs stuck on the back of the body and one each side?

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

bigrich

posted on 29/3/17 at 07:20 PM Reply With Quote
How about a number plate with For Sale on it drill and Pclipor cable tie to roll bar

A pint for the gent and a white wine/fruit based drink for the lady. Those are the rules

Theshed

posted on 30/3/17 at 06:35 AM Reply With Quote
Wet blanket alert........

In many areas this counts as "street trading" and is illegal without a license. The risk is remote but there is a possibility of confiscation.

nick205

posted on 30/3/17 at 07:50 AM Reply With Quote
When I sold my MK Indy it was through an advert on Piston Heads with photos and words. I didn't bother with anything on the car itself. Better IMHO to give people a chance to look at your photos, read your words then phone you. My buyer came from Essex to Hampshire to view and test the car itself then bought it.

I'd not waste the time or money trying to fit an advert to the car itself. Different if you were going to be at a car show maybe, but even then a board zip tied to a wheel rim with more info and a contact number would seem preferable.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.