Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: BEC track car , break or sell complete ?
ginger ninja

posted on 11/6/17 at 09:16 AM Reply With Quote
BEC track car , break or sell complete ?

Maybe not the right place for this thread - but trying to decide best way to sell.

Locost zx9R E track car, not getting used due to other commitments. Whats the market like for selling ?

Has lots of goodies, flatshifter pro, kirky lightweight seat, Quaif ATB, dash adjustable brake bias , Willwood front brakes and alloy hubs, stainless custom exhaust, probably worth about 3K in bits ?, but would be a shame to break.
Engine very low miles and sounds crisp. Rolling road tuned -147bhp on carbs. its nippy !

Would include trailer (breaks need looking at). Spare C engine- pops out of gear but comes with spare box internals , and E engine - top end is toast ! plenty of spares, coils, starters etc.

Not over keen to go to EBAY.

Any comments much appreciated. location South Yorkshire

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

dhutch

posted on 11/6/17 at 01:56 PM Reply With Quote
I will be interested to see what others say, but while the market is perhaps slightly smaller for track cars then road going 7 types, I would expect it should be reasonable easy to get 3k for what you describe, certainly easier than the work in taking it to bits and parting it all out.

You can also then list it on pistonheads classifieds etc as a car, where many of the parts may struggle to make their money outside of ebay.

Daniel

ginger ninja

posted on 11/6/17 at 02:31 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks Daniel

not considered pistonheads, would prefer to leave in one piece, but looking at the cost of the bits vs what track cars go for wasnt sure which way to go. It may make sense to replace some of the less critical good bits with more standard items and sell the car cheap ?

Thanks
again

ian locostzx9rc2

posted on 11/6/17 at 04:12 PM Reply With Quote
Should be able to get 3-4 k for it as is advertise on pistonheads Motorsport trade days cars and e/bay classfied ad
roohunter

posted on 11/6/17 at 08:16 PM Reply With Quote
I would be intrested if you broke it ; )
richard munnis

posted on 14/6/17 at 05:56 PM Reply With Quote
Trackday car

Could your pm me pictures please cheers Richard

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.