Kim blows up Korea by mistake
Aliens come down and sort it out

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: North Korea...what do you think will happen poll
Mr Whippy

posted on 26/9/17 at 12:03 PM Reply With Quote
North Korea...what do you think will happen poll

We talk about this quite a bit at work, many seem concerned it will escalate, Trump being almost as nuts a Kim (wish Twitter would close his account!) Personally I can see it going only one way with the normal American approach to threats but what is the current feeling on the forum?

Tbh I suspect most if not all the missiles paraded about are not even real which would explain how he could afford them despite sanctions...

I've tried to cover all eventuality's....

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Irony

posted on 26/9/17 at 01:13 PM Reply With Quote
The difference between modern military forces and North Korean forces is huge. I watched a program recently that said Korea's airforce 'might' be a nuisance to the Americans. Irritating rather than a genuine threat. They are still using diesel electric 50's era subs.

It only takes 1 nuke however....

theconrodkid

posted on 26/9/17 at 01:50 PM Reply With Quote
I often watch docu,s about North korea and the level of hatred towards the US that the locals have been brainwashed with is incredible, they are also told they will wipe the US out.
I cant see the Donald making the first strike, my take is Kim will shoot down a US spy plane in internation air space, The Donald will attack Pyong yang with non nuke bombs or misiles and it will all be over within days.
either that or China will do the right thing and pull the plug on the rotund one.

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

joneh

posted on 26/9/17 at 01:55 PM Reply With Quote
Nothing. Just words.

On one side you have a mad man and the other is Kim Jong Un.

All Kim Jong Un is doing, is well calculated rational reactions to US aggression. If he shows weakness he'll end up like Saddam or Gadaffi. If Russia played giant war games 3 miles off the US coast, you can bet Trump would lob a few missiles as well!

Angel Acevedo

posted on 26/9/17 at 02:01 PM Reply With Quote
Voted Aliens come down and sort it out to view results...
I am flabbergasted...!!

Beware of what you wish.. for it may come true....

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
nick205

posted on 26/9/17 at 02:11 PM Reply With Quote
Honestly...I'm not really sure which way it'll go...I voted more to see the results than anything!

The press portray Kim and Trump as both a little unstable, but there'll be teams of people heading both countries. I hope they move on and focus on other issues rather than starting WW3. Undoubtedly GB would feel the need to join in with it and I can't see it ending well for anyone.

Slater

posted on 26/9/17 at 02:14 PM Reply With Quote
I find it quite scary, just think, if North Korea fires another missile in the general direction of Guam, then what will Trumps initial reaction be? I suspect he'll go in with all guns blazing.

I'm sure the US has at least one or two nuclear subs very close to North Korea right now, ready to fire back at very short notice.

Let's hope Trumps military advisers have some influence over him.

Either that or North Korea try to shoot down a US plane and it kicks off.

Why do they call Port Harcourt "The Garden City"?...... Becauase they can't spell Stramash.

jps

posted on 26/9/17 at 02:27 PM Reply With Quote
I had been worrying that 'oil running out' was going to be the thing that stopped me getting my build on the road. Recently i've been thinking of swapping it for 'only the cockroaches are left to hand me spanners'....

Some sort of conflict seems inevitable to me - and I sincerely hope that ConRod is right and it is a quick conventional war without anything nuclear put into action. The problem with the 'madman' game is it kind of falls apart if both sides try it!!!

David Jenkins

posted on 26/9/17 at 02:59 PM Reply With Quote
I do wonder if Trump's ranting and headline-grabbing is a ploy to distract everyone from the Russia investigation...

At the moment the only rational world leader saying sensible things is Vladimir Putin, which is perhaps the most scary thing.

perksy

posted on 26/9/17 at 04:05 PM Reply With Quote
Hopefully I'll all be gesturing and will pass over, but it only takes one mistake on either side (or even South Korea)

*If* it does kick off there's no way Trump would commit ground troops and it will all take place using a pre planned cruise missile strike etc
My guess is they would try and take out Kim pretty quickly and de-stabilise the country

Problem is the bloke who steps into his shoes aqfterwards might be even worse

Bigger question is if it all goes bang what do the Chinese do? That might be more of an issue

I think the UK would be wise to sit this one out

motorcycle_mayhem

posted on 26/9/17 at 04:35 PM Reply With Quote
The usual drivers of everything, greed, power and money.

Our corrupt political gangsters will do what they will, usually against mine. Bliar, Bush and WMD. Myanmar, etc. etc. They will not yield in their pursuits, nor listen to reason or the populace. The latter (as we know) has provided some rather 'unexpected' voting outcomes, no surprise to me.

In Kim's favour, he has no oil. The Land of the Free may well therefore decide to leave him alone, financially, what is there to gain (except putting American military muscle on display to prospective purchasers). It's the Chinese links that may break first...

Let's hope the Aliens don't have a Prime Directive to obey.

coozer

posted on 26/9/17 at 04:51 PM Reply With Quote
I'm sure the NAS are watching Kim very closely with their satellites and if he lobs a nuke then they came come down on him with a big bag of hammers..

However I think China have seen the light now and should step in to stop Kim in his tracks...

Maybe they should send Mitch Rapp in to see him off?

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

mark chandler

posted on 26/9/17 at 07:28 PM Reply With Quote
Need another option, UN authorises a death squad to take out Kim!

I listened to a recent visitor on radio 4 the other day, South Koreans look over the water guarding the borders to stop the north coming over, smart uniforms and modern guns, North Korean guards look inland, only half are in uniform with old AK47's sticks and shovels, more worried about the locals escaping!

Now China has stopped the oil the peasants will start to starve, hatred will grow and it becomes even more unstable Kim's not stopping for anyone, someone has made a lot of money selling them the rocket technology, it's so advanced they will also have access to the same nuke technology.

joneh

posted on 26/9/17 at 08:58 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by motorcycle_mayhem
The usual drivers of everything, greed, power and money.

Our corrupt political gangsters will do what they will, usually against mine. Bliar, Bush and WMD. Myanmar, etc. etc. They will not yield in their pursuits, nor listen to reason or the populace. The latter (as we know) has provided some rather 'unexpected' voting outcomes, no surprise to me.

In Kim's favour, he has no oil. The Land of the Free may well therefore decide to leave him alone, financially, what is there to gain (except putting American military muscle on display to prospective purchasers). It's the Chinese links that may break first...

Let's hope the Aliens don't have a Prime Directive to obey.

He has no oil, but NK is in the top 10 for natural mineral deposits... like Afghanistan...

JC

posted on 27/9/17 at 05:51 AM Reply With Quote
Hmmm, remember we are talking about a country that (allegedly) has its people convinced that they won all the gold medals in the olympics! China stopping the oil won't destabilise the Fat One - they will be told the Imperialist Aggressors of the west have done it as an act of war against the democratic people in Korea. The new wild card is, in fact, the wild card himself, Trump. No one really knows if he is all hot air, or really believes some of the stuff he spouts. I don't think he will be reactionary and let Fat One take the first shot.....but still think we are a long way off a pre-emptive strike.
morcus

posted on 27/9/17 at 05:35 PM Reply With Quote
The UN is highly unlikely to sanction action against North Korea anytime soon. They only managed to last time because Taiwan had China's Seat and the USSR were boycotting as a result. Unless China decide to boycott the UN they are always going to veto any drastic action against North Korea. Personally I think the best outcome would be a revolution from with in North Korea but ultimately I don't think anything will actually happen anytime soon, the will go back down to how things were before.

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.