Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: sources of bike engines.....?
stephen_gusterson

posted on 19/10/02 at 10:04 PM Reply With Quote
sources of bike engines.....?

i was wondering, where do you guys get your engines from - i.e, what factors or breakers?

atb

seve

Raj Virdee

posted on 20/10/02 at 01:27 PM Reply With Quote
MK are selling blade engine packages for 1k

Engines are second hand, but meant to be pukka!

I don't think you'll get a good engine for much less than that - somebody prove me wrong !

Raj

stephen_gusterson

posted on 20/10/02 at 06:36 PM Reply With Quote
i think you will if you compromise

im pretty sure you could get summat around 600cc and 100hp (a cbr600) for half or so of that. Its just that the engine sellers get to know whats popular.

atb

steve

btw -

i found someone selling loadsa engines of 600 or less on the net the other day all less than 400 quid but not guaranteed.

Jasper

posted on 20/10/02 at 08:13 PM Reply With Quote
How come your interested BIG car man??

IMO 600cc are too lighweigh for a BEC, and if your gonna spend the extra fitting it, it's not worth not spending the extra few hundred quid on a 900cc. End of the day a BEC is an out and out race, so you don't want a lack of power.

You can get engines for less money, £750+ will get u one. It's more about trying to get one with a bit of history and there are LOTS of dodgy breakers around.

stephen_gusterson

posted on 20/10/02 at 11:18 PM Reply With Quote
i am working on this slightly mad idea at the moment for a future project, and bike engines come into it. not gonna say too much cos it might never happen. its cerainly gonna be a lot simpler than the time magnet thats sitting in my garage!

atb

steve

ChrisGamlin

posted on 21/10/02 at 08:27 AM Reply With Quote
If it's a Locost type car then you'll definitetly need 900cc and around 130hp as a minimum to lug around the (comparative) extra weight. However, if its a little single seater of some sort, then there's plenty of those going round tracks very quickly with 600 engines in them (Global Lights spring to mind, and also Formula Honda i think its called). Like Jasper says, watch out for the breakers, I'd avoid buying from somewhere where you don't have a personal recommendation or know someone thats dealt with them, and beware of the cheaper engines, they are usually cheap for a reason.

Chris

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.