Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: blade - micra - cooling
adam_moore

posted on 19/1/05 at 12:27 PM Reply With Quote
blade - micra - cooling

Hi,

I've been looking through the forums at how to set-up the cooling system for a fireblade engine with a nissan micra radiator and options seem to differ?

The way I see it, since the micra radiator has a pressure cap at the top, the only pipework required over the 1" feed and return to and from the engine, are tubes from the top of the thermostat housing and the pressure cap into a non pressurised header tank? (where the pipe enters below the level of the coolant).

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

In my Indy, the radiator is probably the highest point on the system so the system can be filled from the radiator and the air bleed from the system with the header tank cap removed etc...Similar to dodgy rogers explanation on his site).

Why do you need the feed from the bottom hose to the header tank? I'm confused by this layout for a micra radiator?

Hellfire

posted on 19/1/05 at 12:40 PM Reply With Quote
Have a look at our website. We did not connect the header into the bottom hose but to the top instead. We could easily fill the system through the header by cracking off the pressure cap on the rad to allow air to escape. Works absolutely fine.

adam_moore

posted on 19/1/05 at 01:00 PM Reply With Quote
Ok, so the T in the top hose goes to the header tank (below the coolant level)...the smaller bore tube from the pressure cap into the header tank? (below the coolant level) and the breather pipe from the top of the thermostat housing into the top of the tank (above the level of the coolant).
tks

posted on 19/1/05 at 03:10 PM Reply With Quote
is this sheme right?

i made myself this sheme,

the pressure cap broke today (the small tube who exits from it)

i can anyway if needed resolder it instead of close the hole cap up with a Money pieces..

question 2, i need a pression bottle right? (one who you srew a nut on..)not simple a bottle.. right...

TKS

[Edited on 19/1/05 by tks] Rescued attachment Cooling.JPG
Rescued attachment Cooling.JPG

andylancaster3000

posted on 19/1/05 at 04:26 PM Reply With Quote
Is it possible to use the bike system or is there a reason why it can't be used?

Andy

KJK

posted on 19/1/05 at 07:42 PM Reply With Quote
cooling

I had a blade engine in my car with a mini rad and no header tank ,just filled rad let it run with no cap for a bit to bleed any air had no problems
tks

posted on 19/1/05 at 08:58 PM Reply With Quote
didn't brought the bike system...

as simple as that..

Walter

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.