New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: WANTED - Lightweight battery
kevyo89

posted on 23/2/19 at 10:38 AM Reply With Quote
WANTED - Lightweight battery

As above - anything available?
obuckle

posted on 24/2/19 at 04:36 AM Reply With Quote
Whats the battery to go with? as in what electronics are you going to be running and are you going to be using an alternator? and is the vehicle for day to day or track days or both?

Furore Formula Car - the only two seater modern Formula Car lookalike head to furorecars.co.uk

Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk

Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. https://furoreproducts.co.uk/custom-brake-hose

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Mike Wood

posted on 24/2/19 at 08:49 AM Reply With Quote
Try ringing Allan Macdonald of A&G Motorcycles as he supplies lithium bike batteries to hillclimb car racers (he built and races a 4wd Mini Evo creation) http://aandgmotorcycles.co.uk/batteries.html

Google DMS Varley Red Top for traditional racing car gel cell batteries too. Try race car parts suppliers such as Merlin Motorsport, Raceparts, Trident Racing Supplies, Demon Tweaks, and maybe even direct from DMS Technologies.

You will need to think carefully about what you are trying to acheive, how it fits in with your use of the car and how to keep the battery charged (or will you be going for a non-charging total loss racing system?)

Cheers
Mike

[Edited on 24/2/19 by Mike Wood]

Shooter63

posted on 24/2/19 at 10:12 AM Reply With Quote
I've been in touch with Alan, for my road going 2.0 zetec turbo he recommend the 20 size which in his words ' will start a tank' £180 delivered inc charger

Shooter

rmsmotorsport

posted on 1/3/19 at 11:04 PM Reply With Quote
I have a YTX 20 lithium battery here that I can no longer use for motorsport. It is not quite a year old. Weighs 1.19kg, CCA360, dimensions L= 150mm W = 87mm H = 105mm. I paid £145 for it.

[Edited on 1/3/19 by rmsmotorsport]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.