New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Project 7-up
thetankwad

posted on 1/11/20 at 03:51 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by David Jenkins
quote:
Originally posted by thetankwad

Sorry dude. Believe it or not we do slow down the chat and try to speak clearer. Its usually worse than that!!

You managed to correctly determine which part of Scotland, so it cant be that hard to understand the accent!!

--Lets get down to Business!--

David Jenkins

posted on 1/11/20 at 04:47 PM Reply With Quote
One year we drove up to visit my brother when he lived near Inverness. First time I'd driven up. I pulled into a BP garage on the outskirts of Glasgow to top up before the next leg. Filled up and went to pay - guy behind the counter said "Hurra hur eh hur a hur" and pointed at the card machine. So I put my card in and put in the numbers. Then he said "Heh hurra hur a hurhur" so I took my card out and walked away. I still have no idea what he said, but at least he pointed to the appropriate device...

But don't take it personally, as I love accents of all descriptions. Last time we were up there we went into Glasgow itself, and had nae bother!

thetankwad

posted on 16/11/20 at 12:53 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by David Jenkins
One year we drove up to visit my brother when he lived near Inverness. First time I'd driven up. I pulled into a BP garage on the outskirts of Glasgow to top up before the next leg. Filled up and went to pay - guy behind the counter said "Hurra hur eh hur a hur" and pointed at the card machine. So I put my card in and put in the numbers. Then he said "Heh hurra hur a hurhur" so I took my card out and walked away. I still have no idea what he said, but at least he pointed to the appropriate device...

But don't take it personally, as I love accents of all descriptions. Last time we were up there we went into Glasgow itself, and had nae bother!

No offence even noticed, nor taken!

We are doing a few other projects, which I wont bore the page with as although kit car based, its a car that doesn't belong to me, and a Ferrari MR2 kit which seems to be a love hate thing for most.... If you guys want to see it its on the page.

Anyway, the Locost! Here is where we are at.

Should have another update in a couple of weeks. If you are liking these and want to follow, would you mind subscribing on Youtube? Helps with the ol' analyticals and whatnot.

Thanks all!

thetankwad

posted on 29/11/20 at 08:26 PM Reply With Quote

David Jenkins

posted on 30/11/20 at 09:40 AM Reply With Quote
I'm loving these videos!

I remember going through the same sort of pain and frustration when I made my chassis - although I didn't have a squeaky toy to cover up the swearing...

Though I'm jealous of all the build space you've got - this is where I built mine:

ianhurley20

posted on 30/11/20 at 03:57 PM Reply With Quote
Brilliant! You've really shown the reality of making your own chassis, it should be obligatory viewing for anyone who hasn't done one before who thinks a) its easy and b) that they are going to make one

David Jenkins

posted on 6/12/20 at 03:45 PM Reply With Quote
I know it's not the 7-up project - but their latest MR2 project video made me laugh... I must get a squeaky toy...

thetankwad

posted on 14/12/20 at 09:34 AM Reply With Quote
Another weekend, another update!

thetankwad

posted on 27/12/20 at 10:37 PM Reply With Quote
Wee festive update for you guys.

Don't worry, no mention of Christmas in here at all.

Enjoy.

thetankwad

posted on 17/1/21 at 05:45 PM Reply With Quote

thetankwad

posted on 31/1/21 at 10:09 AM Reply With Quote

christim

posted on 1/2/21 at 10:33 AM Reply With Quote
Coming along nicely!
All books and plans seem to have some anomalies that you won't notice until it's too late!
Hopefully that rear bar being lower won't get in the way of the propshaft and/or diff?

thetankwad

posted on 2/2/21 at 01:59 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by christim
Coming along nicely!
All books and plans seem to have some anomalies that you won't notice until it's too late!
Hopefully that rear bar being lower won't get in the way of the propshaft and/or diff?

From what I have seen so far, its not going to be an issue, however we are far from finished!

thetankwad

posted on 8/2/21 at 02:24 PM Reply With Quote

Another weekend, another update!

thetankwad

posted on 14/2/21 at 02:08 PM Reply With Quote
Another wee update for you guys. Episode 12 already!

David Jenkins

posted on 14/2/21 at 04:01 PM Reply With Quote
Still making me giggle...

thetankwad

posted on 21/2/21 at 08:34 PM Reply With Quote
Glad to hear it!!

thetankwad

posted on 1/3/21 at 07:29 AM Reply With Quote

Deckman001

posted on 1/3/21 at 05:56 PM Reply With Quote
Hi, just a very quick heads up, when you fit your seat on top of the bottom rails you'll need to move up the upper seat belt mounts by the same amount to pass an IVA test.
I used f/glass seats bolted straight to the steel sheet floor panel, I then fitted the seat belt mount eyes straight to the rail behind the seats and the tester said they were at a perfect height, and any lower would have been a fail, so just be careful to asses the mounting points based on the IVA test.

It's a fantastic watch on youtube, many thanks for the very enjoyable videos

Jason

thetankwad

posted on 19/3/21 at 02:34 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Deckman001
Hi, just a very quick heads up, when you fit your seat on top of the bottom rails you'll need to move up the upper seat belt mounts by the same amount to pass an IVA test.
I used f/glass seats bolted straight to the steel sheet floor panel, I then fitted the seat belt mount eyes straight to the rail behind the seats and the tester said they were at a perfect height, and any lower would have been a fail, so just be careful to asses the mounting points based on the IVA test.

It's a fantastic watch on youtube, many thanks for the very enjoyable videos

Jason

Good point. To be honest we will likely knock up a rail for the passenger side just for symmetry more than anything else.

As for the IVA, I'll need to print off the manual soon. A lot of things coming up that are going to need referred to in it i think!!

thetankwad

posted on 28/3/21 at 07:45 AM Reply With Quote

Had a few things to do in life so apologies for the delay!

thetankwad

posted on 12/4/21 at 01:49 PM Reply With Quote

thetankwad

posted on 26/4/21 at 07:11 AM Reply With Quote

Getting into some proper fab work now...

Deckman001

posted on 26/4/21 at 11:45 AM Reply With Quote
Hi ya, great watch once again, As usual I'm late again but you can use a dual master cylinder pedal box as I have just passed IVA with one. It would allow you to get the exact brake balance you want, and then you just need to lock the nuts on the bias bar with split pins and put a disclaimer sticker in the engine bay stating not to alter the balance

Keep up the great work though guys, it'll be the new ' go to ' media for anyone building a similar car

Jason

thetankwad

posted on 5/5/21 at 12:05 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Deckman001
Hi ya, great watch once again, As usual I'm late again but you can use a dual master cylinder pedal box as I have just passed IVA with one. It would allow you to get the exact brake balance you want, and then you just need to lock the nuts on the bias bar with split pins and put a disclaimer sticker in the engine bay stating not to alter the balance

Keep up the great work though guys, it'll be the new ' go to ' media for anyone building a similar car

Jason

Good to know! Well for us the 60 quid bill versus a 300 quid pedal box kept us on target for the 1k budget more than anything else

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.