Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: WiFi booster
myke pocock

posted on 10/12/20 at 08:41 PM Reply With Quote
WiFi booster

Idiots computer question. I have started to use Zoom for various club meetings in the last few months. I find that I need to be fairly close to my PC (its in my box room upstairs and I do my Zoom calls in my front room virtually directly below the box room) but any further away and I cannot connect to Zoom. Do I need a booster? If so will the atttached do or is there better? Please excuse the idiots question.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WiFi-Signal-Repeater-Extender-Range-Booster-Internet-Network-Amplifier-UK-Plug/203102422844?hash=item2f49d9073c:g:BboAAOSwO F9fat2c

Incidentally I saw a report on line selling this exact model (or it looked exactly like it) for £68 but discounted by 50%. Someone 'avin a giraffe.

roadrunner

posted on 10/12/20 at 10:22 PM Reply With Quote
I've just put a BT WiFi signal booster from Lidl a couple of days ago.
Seems to do the trick.

gremlin1234

posted on 10/12/20 at 10:59 PM Reply With Quote
there are plenty better ones out there. that one only uses the very congested 2.4ghz band, and then doubles the data traffic.

try and use the 5ghz band if your equipment allows it.

joneh

posted on 11/12/20 at 07:51 AM Reply With Quote
See if you're connected using 5ghz. Whilst faster, it has a shorter range and the 2.4ghz band may help.

Your router may have two wifi signal names, both the same except one ends in -5. Try the other one.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.