Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Mini rant- Home buyers report
Bluemoon

posted on 15/1/21 at 03:21 PM Reply With Quote
IMHO there is nothing there worth reducing the price for. I think they are trying in on.

For example in our case we reduced our offer on a property after the survey showed drains needed replacing, we got a quote for the drains (expensive as drive needed dug up and redone as concreate drive) and knocked that of our offer price...

BenB

posted on 15/1/21 at 04:22 PM Reply With Quote
It's like someone going to an auction to buy a 1962 Ferrari 250GTO ($48 million approx) then saying they want a discount because

1) it doesn't have airbags (not sure they even have seatbelts!)
2) it might have leaded bodywork
3) petrol might stop being readily available at some point
4) it's not got the MPG of a modern car
5) it's not got HID headlights
6) the brakes might contain asbestos
7) it's had a few owners
8) might be on crossply tyres instead of radials

surely they're kind of missing the point. Still worth $48 million!!

I'd agree though if they're suggesting a 30% drop they're either stupid or just plain trying it on.

"No major work required". End of.

Bluemoon

posted on 15/1/21 at 05:10 PM Reply With Quote
Worth also considering how much hassle this buyer may be later on in the process....
Mr Whippy

posted on 15/1/21 at 07:09 PM Reply With Quote
Why are you selling anyway? Can you wait till summer as I have never sold houses in winter as like everything it all looks much better in summer.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
spaximus

posted on 16/1/21 at 10:00 AM Reply With Quote
Had similar with selling my daughters flat. In a block of 20 and her solicitor suggested she should have a structural survey done as the home buyers survey had mention a plaster crack around a window.

When she was told the price to do a structural survey on a block of flats she freaked out. It took a more senior partner to explain to her solicitor they were idiots

I would take the advice of others and say that is the price, the conditions are consummate for a house of that age.

Remember many of these home buyers surveys are carried out by people with little qualifications

chillis

posted on 17/1/21 at 12:24 PM Reply With Quote
I agree with Spaximus the price is commensurate with the age and condition as listed.
Seems to me like they're trying it on.
I would politely respond saying your sorry they won't be progressing with the purchase, then ask your agent to relist the property.

[Edited on 17/1/21 by chillis]

Never under estimate the ingenuity of an idiot!

stevebubs

posted on 8/2/21 at 09:22 PM Reply With Quote
Buyers try this all the time.

My opinion - say the price is non-negotiable and either accept or put the house on the market. If you #really want to, accept a small reduction to make them feel better.

When I moved last, my buyer tried similar (not 30% but enough to wee me off). I told the estate agent that, if they were going to mess me around, I was simply going to put the house back on the market.

IMO, 30% sounds like they never wanted to pay full price from the get-go....

[Edited on 8/2/21 by stevebubs]

stevebubs

posted on 8/2/21 at 09:24 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bluemoon
Worth also considering how much hassle this buyer may be later on in the process....

This...

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.