Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Ford Engine Age
johns

posted on 25/2/21 at 10:50 AM Reply With Quote
Ford Engine Age

I thought I'd share my experience of getting the age of my engine from Ford. I searched the Ford Uk web site and found a link to request a build date letter. Here is the search result link
https://www.ford.co.uk/owner/resources-and-support/ask-ford/general/other/build-date-letter
This directed me to an email address ukdac@ford.com. Whilst this said it was for a letter about the date your vehicle was built I sent off an email about finding out the age of my engine. I included the number stamped on the block. I recieved a reply asking me to provide photo evidence of the stamped number and any reciepts for the purchase of the engime. This I did and I recieved an email with a "To whom it may concern" letter attached with the number and the engine build date quoted.
You may get an automatic reply email which says your enquiry needs to go through the dealer net work system but this is only directed at dealers not private individuals. I still got a response even after this automatic email.
Hope this helps someone and is not telling folks stuff they already know.
JohnS

christim

posted on 25/2/21 at 01:21 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks John!!!
This is very timely and DOES help. I sent a letter to Ford before xmas & evidence to the following address but haven't heard anything back:
Ford Technical Information Centre,
PO BOX 12060
Colchester,
Essex.
CO1 9P

Seems the process has changed then and this isn't now the place to contact. I'll try the link you provided

johns

posted on 25/2/21 at 01:26 PM Reply With Quote
I had the same experience with the postal route. Hope you get sorted
rusty nuts

posted on 25/2/21 at 03:21 PM Reply With Quote
Burtonpower catalogue list engine codes and dates , widely accepted for IVA, also on their website
Deckman001

posted on 25/2/21 at 03:25 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rusty nuts
Burtonpower catalogue list engine codes and dates , widely accepted for IVA, also on their website

I can second that statement from Burtonpower, I used their form and the IVA inspectors were glad i brought it and also copied it for their own use

Jason

christim

posted on 25/2/21 at 03:40 PM Reply With Quote
they do, and that's good for IVA (confirms my Zetec's a '99). But if you're not using the original donor engine the DVLA are needing paperwork with proof from the engine manufacturer of engine number and size

johns

posted on 25/2/21 at 06:40 PM Reply With Quote
Re the Burton Power option. I had heard that this was an option accepted for IVA, just thought I'd go for a belt and braces approach as its not unknown for IVA inspectors to interpret things thier own way
nick205

posted on 26/2/21 at 10:18 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by christim
Thanks John!!!
This is very timely and DOES help. I sent a letter to Ford before xmas & evidence to the following address but haven't heard anything back:
Ford Technical Information Centre,
PO BOX 12060
Colchester,
Essex.
CO1 9P

Seems the process has changed then and this isn't now the place to contact. I'll try the link you provided

A few years ago and SVA not IVA, but I used this method. I got a reply letter from Ford stating the date of my Pinto engine in my MK Indy. SVA inspector satisfied and passed it straight through. Ford were very fast and efficient!

Crockpot

posted on 1/3/21 at 10:09 AM Reply With Quote
This is the response I got. Not what I was expecting.

"Thank you for your enquiry. In order to complete your request you’ll need to fit the unknit in the new chassis, once completed please send a photo of the vehicle and engine, and confirm the unit has not been modified or ‘de-cat’ for example.

Once received we can then investigate further, thank you. "

Any thoughts.

Crockpot

posted on 1/3/21 at 11:05 AM Reply With Quote
Dating letter now arrived!
Not sure what the other guff was about.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.