Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Any 2021 Drive outs yet
Deckman001

posted on 9/3/21 at 03:12 PM Reply With Quote
Any 2021 Drive outs yet

Hi, with the sun out in the south east, and my car having been driven last Friday afternoon for a shake down and getting lots of stares, smiles, waves and friendly horn honks, am just wondering if anyone else has ventured out yet seeing as the nice weather is very near, I know it's not around from tomorrow till next week, but I can't wait for my retest and the chance to get it on the road ready for lockdown easing after my covid Jab expecting to be this month.

Jason

Slater

posted on 9/3/21 at 07:15 PM Reply With Quote
I've been out a few times in last week, about 1 hr max, after that I get too cold. Just around the country roads north of Wimborne or down to Sandbanks. My new bigger radiator is overcooling, I was getting 50 deg max on the water temp gauge in the chilly air. So I made a shield for the rad and cut out some holes so there is alot less air going through and now getting a decent 90 Degs.

New nose cone from Kit Car Direct arrived 2 weeks ago, it's a slightly different shade of BRG but close enough for me. Planning to get the yellow stripe re-done in next few weeks.

I am certainly driving a bit more careful now after my incident in November. New tyres are good too, those 13 yr old Toyo things I had on there were dangerous.

Why do they call Port Harcourt "The Garden City"?...... Becauase they can't spell Stramash.

roadrunner

posted on 9/3/21 at 07:57 PM Reply With Quote
I need to get out in mine for some shake down drives before MOT. Need to check brakes and reliability .
coyoteboy

posted on 16/3/21 at 01:11 PM Reply With Quote
We're still in a national lockdown. Only essential local travel is possible.

roadrunner

posted on 16/3/21 at 01:43 PM Reply With Quote
Still needs an MOT so that I can use it for those essential trips.
coyoteboy

posted on 16/3/21 at 02:20 PM Reply With Quote
A legal obligation is indeed an essential reason

Deckman001

posted on 16/3/21 at 05:05 PM Reply With Quote
And shopping for food is an essential reason to be out in a car to the shops and back again, no-one has said which shop or where it is though as long as it's fairly local.

Jason

Deckman001

posted on 6/6/21 at 08:52 PM Reply With Quote
Hi all, am getting used to driving my locost, but, when i drive it quite quickly, i seam to have a slight issue, my right leg gets pins and needles. Ive got f/glass seats and the throttle pedal is non covered and obviously bolted to the floor. is it just down to bad fitment of driving position ? I've never had this issue on any other cars or bikes or trucks that I've driven so am open to ideas ?

Jason

roadrunner

posted on 7/6/21 at 04:42 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Jason.
I have the same setup and I don't suffer with pins and needles.
Obviously pins and needles is caused by poor blood flow. Is there any area of your leg or rump that's pressing or pinching.
It doesn't take much.

Deckman001

posted on 7/6/21 at 06:17 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by roadrunner
Hi Jason.
I have the same setup and I don't suffer with pins and needles.
Obviously pins and needles is caused by poor blood flow. Is there any area of your leg or rump that's pressing or pinching.
It doesn't take much.

That sounds about right. It could well be the issue as it doesn’t happen every drive, I’ll make sure I leave my jeans back pockets empty the next time I go out in it and see how it goes.
Cheers

Jason

roadrunner

posted on 7/6/21 at 06:36 AM Reply With Quote
I do a fair amount of cycling so I know the feeling
I mainly suffer with my right hand from holding the handlebars.

adithorp

posted on 7/6/21 at 09:28 AM Reply With Quote
I've got a mate who's a physio and he says a lot of back and sciatica pains he sees in men comes from having a wallet in there back pocket so emptying them might be a good first thing to try.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

Deckman001

posted on 7/6/21 at 02:10 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by adithorp
I've got a mate who's a physio and he says a lot of back and sciatica pains he sees in men comes from having a wallet in there back pocket so emptying them might be a good first thing to try.

Yeah that's my issue I think, I have always kept my wallet in the same pocket, but i guess in new cars the seats are padded enough so as to nullify the issue.
So in future I'll keep it somewhere else instead and see how it affects the issue

Jason

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.