Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Ford 2.9 12v efi wiring
Gixxerpete

posted on 22/4/21 at 08:24 AM Reply With Quote
Ford 2.9 12v efi wiring

Anyone have experience with these...have engine ,auto box, ecu engine wiring....I'm a bit stumped..Have 2 Haynes manuals but i just cant figure it out ..only looking to get it running before i put it into the car...
Anyone..??

big_wasa

posted on 23/4/21 at 12:10 PM Reply With Quote
I would be amazed if the pin outs where not on line. Failing that have a look around for a old copy of autodata or ford tIs

Before you attempt it check the loom out. The zetecs of that age are notorious for the insulation falling to bits and both the insulator and conductor being absolutely rotten.

[Edited on 23/4/21 by big_wasa]

Gixxerpete

posted on 23/4/21 at 12:41 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks..yeah, i have all the pin outs..i have the loom all connected to the engine and box, and the fuse/relay box connected to the battery...i'm struggling with how to i wire it to an ignition switch...it seems all self contained...i have one 12 pin connector but i just cant see where its connected to....i can hear relays clicking but it wont turn over even.....

[Edited on 23/4/21 by Gixxerpete]

gremlin1234

posted on 23/4/21 at 02:59 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gixxerpete
Thanks..yeah, i have all the pin outs..i have the loom all connected to the engine and box, and the fuse/relay box connected to the battery...i'm struggling with how to i wire it to an ignition switch...it seems all self contained...i have one 12 pin connector but i just cant see where its connected to....i can hear relays clicking but it wont turn over even.....

[Edited on 23/4/21 by Gixxerpete]

'always check the earth'
in particular the nice thick cable from batt neg to engine block

big_wasa

posted on 23/4/21 at 06:56 PM Reply With Quote
On pre pats cars the body control modual cut earths to Immobilize.

Also if the range switch on the auto box isn’t on the auto box it will need fooling into thinking it is.

Gixxerpete

posted on 24/4/21 at 08:13 AM Reply With Quote
Engine and box are from a 93 Granny...we drove the car to the yard before taking it out...that was 8 years ago...should have marked everything...hindsight...

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.